Author Topic: Nintendo Ships Geist  (Read 2613 times)

Offline LassePalle

• PGC Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo Ships Geist
« on: August 15, 2005, 07:02:14 AM »
The GameCube is now home to yet another first person adventure.

NINTENDO'S NEW GHOST STORY ISN'T NORMAL - IT'S PARANORMAL    

In Geist, Possession Is 10/10ths of the Law

REDMOND, Wash., Aug. 15. If you like games that let you blast your way from start to finish, then Geist is definitely NOT for you. The distinctive adventure, developed by n-Space and published by Nintendo,   launches today exclusively for Nintendo GameCube(TM).  It's the thinking-player's first-person game, where players solve puzzles, overcome obstacles and use their ghostly possession abilities to advance the storyline.          

Geist's main character, John Raimi, is transformed into a ghost by the mysterious Volks Corporation.  In his spirit form, he can possess both living creatures and inanimate objects to further his goals.  Players might possess a security guard to gain access to his weapons and passwords, occupy a fire extinguisher to startle an unsuspecting worker or inhabit a mouse to slip through a narrow passageway.  The game contains dozens of possession possibilities to challenge players' problem-solving skills as they make their way through the chilling, nightmarish tale.    

"Geist combines the best elements of an unnerving ghost story with an inventive new approach to game play," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Gamers will be up all night playing, since it's unlikely they'll be able to sleep."    

Make no mistake: Geist, Rated M for Mature, is no campfire ghost story. It begins with a terrifying experiment that rips the spirit from a counterterrorism expert's body and leaves him an ethereal presence wandering the halls of the Volks Corporation.  He must use his newfound powers to uncover the secret of the shadowy agency as he encounters other spirits like   himself and tries to reclaim his human form.    

For more information about Geist, log onto www.geist-the-game.com.  

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Ships Geist
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 02:04:03 PM »
Reviews have actually been fairly positive towards this game... I'm gonna have to give it a rental.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 04:16:55 PM »

If you like games that let you blast your way from start to finish, then Geist is definitely NOT for you.

LOL, let's increase our sales by telling people that might be curious that there's NO WAY they'll enjoy it.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 04:36:12 PM »
Well, I personally think it would be pretty under-handed NOT to tell people what kind of game it is...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 04:48:26 PM »
Telling them what it is isn't exactly the same as outright saying it's "NOT for you".  And in the first line!  Hahaha!
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 08:51:33 PM »
I might be going to Baton Rouge tomorrow (no game shops locally).  I'm going to be getting advance wars already.  Question is, should I also get this?  I need to decide soon.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 09:14:45 PM »
Are you from Mandeville? 'Cause I just took and order from a few people in Madeville at the WYES Tel-athon.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 01:13:50 AM »
Bloodwrth: I think they wanted to cut down on the number of complaints online. Or to get the FPS haters interested.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 07:57:36 AM »
So is the game out yet or not? Half the sites say yes, half the sites say it's coming out tomorrow...

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Ships Geist
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 12:21:21 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth

If you like games that let you blast your way from start to finish, then Geist is definitely NOT for you.

LOL, let's increase our sales by telling people that might be curious that there's NO WAY they'll enjoy it.

lol
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 12:23:22 PM »

Originally posted by: jasonditz
So is the game out yet or not? Half the sites say yes, half the sites say it's coming out tomorrow...

Well it shipped yesterday, so I guess it really depends on where you live...I live on the east coast and it won't be in stores till tomorrow...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 12:47:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion

Originally posted by: jasonditz

Well it shipped yesterday, so I guess it really depends on where you live...I live on the east coast and it won't be in stores till tomorrow...

Best Buy and Circuit City both gave me the same Song and Dance about it being out tomorrow, thankfully I found it at Walmart... off to give it a try.