Author Topic: RE: Camelot on Golden Sun 3 Status  (Read 2608 times)

Offline NewsBot

• News Posting Robot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Camelot on Golden Sun 3 Status
« on: June 02, 2003, 07:21:11 PM »
Looking for another game in the Golden Sun series?  If you are, Camelot has something to tell you.

Camelot recently updated its Japanese website with some news about what it's been working on lately.  It seems that many people have been asking the developer when the next game in the Golden Sun line might be coming out.

It turns out that they are hard at work with both Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, at the same time.  With Camelot's small development team (about 30 people), it's hard for them to work on multiple projects at once, so any Golden Sun game that may or may not be in the works will need to wait.  Camelot says to refer back to Nintendo's official Japanese site for any new news regarding the next Golden Sun.

Note that this is not a solid confirmation of a new Golden Sun game.  However, if a new game is announced, we'll be sure to be the first to let you all know about it.  Stay tuned.

"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto ..."

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 08:00:06 PM »
this is good news, i still have to buy and finnish golden sun 2 yet

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 12:23:21 AM »
I don't really see why Camelot keeps making Mario franchise games. They are good games, but never anything new, and they give more fuel to Nintendo's 'kiddy image'. I can't see them selling very well (although this is just an assumption) either. Surley their talents would be better directed towards a hit like a Golden Sun sequel?  
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Camelot on Golden Sun 3 Status
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 03:48:25 AM »
I agree with Steven, Golden Sun 3 would be best on Gamecube. Transfer you data via the GCN/GBA link cable to you GCN memory card and begin an epic quest in the GC's full graphical glory. BTW I have one minor gripe with Camelot RPGs....you lead character almost never speaks. This goes back to the Shining games. Shining Force was even crazier, the game had three chapters. In Chapter 1 your lead character didn't say at word but you ran into the lead characters from Chapter 2 and 3 and they had no problem talking. When you played Chapter 2 you lead character suddenly became mute but the lead character from Chapter 1 had no problem speaking. Weird...

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline demoncrono

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2003, 05:08:23 AM »
the non talking main character is an easy explanation. see,in a role playing game YOU play a role. so you are that lead character. you're playing the role of him or her. so YOU'RE walking around and fighting the bad guys and yes,even talking. most all games of long past would follow this simple rule,but now a days the writers just have to make "your" dialouge for better cinematic effects....anyway...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 06:22:59 AM »
All they have said is that they are not developing GS3 at the moment.  I'm sure as soon as they finish MG and MT(as well as the rumored Shining Force) they will get to work on a third incantation of the series.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2003, 10:19:12 AM »
Vyse talks in skies of arcadia they could give you an option of what to say, would work great

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2003, 02:21:56 PM »

Originally posted by: demoncrono
the non talking main character is an easy explanation. see,in a role playing game YOU play a role. so you are that lead character. you're playing the role of him or her. so YOU'RE walking around and fighting the bad guys and yes,even talking. most all games of long past would follow this simple rule,but now a days the writers just have to make "your" dialouge for better cinematic effects....anyway...

I understand that, but it still doens't explain Shining Force 3 at all or how in Shining Force 2 where Peter the Phoenix basically serves are your mouthpiece throughout the entire game.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline demoncrono

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »
i've never played a shining force,but how you described it,it would seem you're switching between roles. so that'd make sense...but still annoying.

in wild arms they sort of munipulated the system. rudy,the supposed main character,said only 2 lines in the whole game,but at key moments. so i guess they wanted you to be saying that...i dunno...but things are different now. even "you" are force to say things.

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2003, 08:31:32 AM »
What is Camelot doing?! Does it not see that this could be the boost that the GameCube needs for the RPG category?! Camelot also said that they are simply too busy to make a Golden Sun, but that is not a good reason at all! I honestly think that they should make a Golden Sun for the Gamecube, because the system is starving for a turn-based role-playing game(beside the dreamcast ports) so why are they making Mario Golf and Mario Tennis for? Give it to someone else to make!
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake