Author Topic: THQ announces All Star Cheer Squad for Wii and DS  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
THQ announces All Star Cheer Squad for Wii and DS
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:41:28 AM »
The new cheerleading IP will get help from the choreographer of Bring it On, use the Wii Balance Board, and allow players to create their own cheer routines.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15481

THQ Has Spirit With the Announcement of All Star Cheer Squadâ„¢, the First-Ever Cheerleading Video Game    

World-Renowned Cheerleading Choreographer Tony G, Best Known For His Work in the Bring It On Films, Signs on as Chief Consultant for THQ’s New Original IP Exclusively for Wii™and Nintendo DS™

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.-(BUSINESS WIRE)-THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) today announced that All Star Cheer Squadâ„¢, the first-ever cheerleading video game, is currently in development to make its scheduled debut exclusively for Wiiâ„¢ and Nintendo DSâ„¢ this fall. In All Star Cheer Squad, players will immerse themselves into the world of competitive cheerleading as they experience the thrill and excitement of cheer through creativity, customization, style and teamwork. The release will mark THQ’s first original property created specifically for girls on Wii and Nintendo DS.    

"With the explosive growth of the girls gaming market in recent years due to the continued success of Wii and DS, our ongoing goal is to stay at the cutting edge of that success by bringing a brand new property for this segment to these popular systems," said Jim Huntley, director of global brand management, THQ. "We’re thrilled to introduce All Star Cheer Squad to the industry as a triple-a title that will get players involved in the action of what it takes to be an all star as well as make up their own unique cheer routines."    

In All Star Cheer Squad, players will follow a year in the life of a cheerleader as they learn new cheers, participate in practices and create their own routines to make the squad and eventually become captain. High-energy gameplay includes squad competitions and one-on-one cheer-offs, where players will use the Wii Remoteâ„¢ and Nunchuk to perform dozens of real-world cheer and dance moves. In order to ensure that All Star Cheer Squad has the latest cheer action and top routines, world-renowned cheerleading choreographer Tony G, best known for his work in the Bring It On movies, has signed on as chief consultant for the game. All Star Cheer Squad will also incorporate use of the Wii Balance Boardâ„¢ to get the player’s entire body involved in the game and add to the ultimate cheerleading experience. Players will be able to customize the look of their cheerleader and squad including body, facial features, hair and outfits. The Nintendo DS version of the game will feature a storyline unique to the system that focuses on the adventure of cheerleading camp, where players will compete to beat the rival camp.    

All Star Cheer Squad is being developed by Gorilla in Tampa, Florida. For more information on this game, as well as additional THQ titles, please visit www.thq.com.

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: THQ announces All Star Cheer Squad for Wii and DS
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:48:11 PM »
I plan to review this game.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 05:58:25 PM »
This isn't what the Balance Board was intended for

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 06:13:24 PM »
Kairon.....

KAIRON!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 06:33:32 PM »
I actually think I'll get it!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 06:44:34 PM »
When I read "Cheer Squad", I thought of Ouendan.

Hmmm, Ouendan Wii game using the Wii balance board...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline walkingdead2

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 10:19:17 PM »
i hope its high school cheerleading!

but seriously i wonder how emasculated these programmers felt when making then eventually play testing and debugging this game.