Author Topic: EA Grand Slam Tennis Control Details Uncovered  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
EA Grand Slam Tennis Control Details Uncovered
« on: March 03, 2009, 01:19:36 PM »
Nintendo Power details the various control options in Grand Slam Tennis.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=17868

Nintendo Power recently shed some light on EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis.  The game sports a unique art style thatÂ’s not quite the usual realistic style that people usually expect from an EA Sports title. It is also playable with or without Wii MotionPlus; without Wii MotionPlus the game is very responsive, however it wonÂ’t feature 1:1 movement. To pull off moves such as backspins, topspins, and other moves the player has to do the appropriate motions while holding a specific button.    

With the addition of Wii MotionPlus you will see the characters mimic your hand movements in real time.  For example, the game will know if youÂ’re doing a backhand or a forehand swing, how high or low your tennis racket is, or if you are going to perform a topspin or backspin just based on your movements!    

Grand Slam Tennis also gives you an option of playing with or without the Nunchuk.  If you play with the Nunchuk, the analog stick will be used to move the characters manually.  If you decide against using the Nunchuk, your character will move automatically towards the ball like in Wii Sports Tennis.

PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: EA Grand Slam Tennis Control Details Uncovered
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »
Sounds pretty good.  Online support would be great too -- I can see myself really getting into it, if I had a steady pool of opponents.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:30:52 PM »
I'm not sure about the art style. I have to see it to judge, but Wii isn't that graphically challenged.

Plenty of PS2 and GAMECUBE sports games look great which are realistic in style. EA doesn't need to make that way.

Regardless playing with the WMP and Nunchuck sounds like tons of fun. I never liked sports games because the awkward controls.

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »
This does sound good. I hope the new Virtua Tennis for Wii can compete.And conquer?!
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »
Finally...

I wanted this type of game ever since I owned a Wii.
black fairy tales are better at sports