Author Topic: Four 3DS XL Special Editions Coming to America This Fall  (Read 5667 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Four 3DS XL Special Editions Coming to America This Fall
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »
I stand corrected. That's usually not Nintendo's m.o. but I guess they're doing it that way this time.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't care that Nintendo is releasing New 3DS? It's on them to prove to people like me that we should upgrade. So far, they haven't. Either Nintendo commits some serious exclusives and risks underwhelming sales, or we all just keep playing our 3DSes and act like nothing happened. I'd bet on the latter.

My attitude is that I don't know if the New 3DS will matter or not so I might as well wait and see.  I have a 3DS anyway but if I didn't I would be waiting just to see if the New 3DS is worth my while.  Though realistically unless the price difference was really major I would pick the New 3DS over the old model simply because it can do all the same things plus more.  Why buy a 3DS now if I know there's an upgrade due soon?  At the very least I should get a look at the upgrade before making my decision.  I don't own a Wii U but if NCL revealed a Wii U+ next month there is absolutely no way I would buy a regular Wii U for Christmas.

Also with Nintendo treading water in the console front it would be pretty bad if they also bungled their handheld division with questionable decisions.  Ask Sega fans how important it is that your favourite company not mishandle their business.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
My attitude is that I don't know if the New 3DS will matter or not so I might as well wait and see.  I have a 3DS anyway but if I didn't I would be waiting just to see if the New 3DS is worth my while.
Well, I guess you finally calmed down from this:
Oh **** this!  I just bought a 3DS last year for Pokémon!  This is effectively a new system.
This is effectively the DSi all over again until further notice which changed so little about how people perceived the DS line. It didn't even sell that well. The difference this go around is I already did the hand-me-down thing with my brother. As a consumer, I feel like I hold all the cards. If I upgrade, it's because they offered something worthwhile, but ultimately, I can choose not to upgrade.

I fell for the special edition color/model thing once. I really wanted that Ice Blue Gameboy Pocket. I didn't have a Gameboy Pocket at the time, but that color forced my hand. While it understand the desire to wait for New 3DS, if someone wants a 3DS today, there's more than enough to justify a purchase and moving forward, the bigger, more important releases will most likely still be available on the more pervasive regular 3DS.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
In another alternate universe: People complain about how they want the special editions, but don't want to pay extra for useless features tied to amiibo and some reject Wii game.  They also add in how unfair it is that Japan got the cheaper version of one of the special editions without all the forced-in extras.

I didn't get to mention it in my other post, but I love you, UncleBob. <3

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 08:02:23 PM »
As well you should.

The lesson here is: People will find a reason to complain about anything.  Worry less about the complaints of others and worry more about things that actually effect you.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »
The NES one looks like it could just be a faceplate for the NEW 3DS.