Author Topic: The Treehouse Interview  (Read 11849 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: The Treehouse Interview
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2004, 06:26:33 AM »
"Yes, I know that censorship not a major problem with Nintendo right now, I just don't like the idea of it. It tells me that Nintendo doesn't like making games, they like selling them."

EAD, Intelligent Systems, HAL, and Retro Studios likes making games.  NOA likes selling them.  Looking at Nintendo's censorship practices during the NES and SNES days that shouldn't be much of a surprise.  It sucks but this isn't really new information to me.  It's pretty hard to find an American publisher with any sort of artistic interest in games so I'll still take NOA over a company like EA or THQ.  Most publishers try to con people into buying inferior product so be glad that Nintendo's method of attracting sales is by making a quality product.

Offline Finnegan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: The Treehouse Interview
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2004, 12:06:13 AM »
wow.  Jungle Beat has been my most anticipated game for awhile now.  I can't believe what these guys said about it though.  I want it more than ever!
Bill Trinen: "Yeah, that game is like, the magic of the original Super Mario Brothers to me. Just pure brilliance." I don't think its possible to say anything more positive about the game....