Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Gets Amiibo Support, NA Release Date  (Read 2020 times)

Offline alexosborn

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Gets Amiibo Support, NA Release Date
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:56:59 AM »

Gamers in North America don't have too long to wait for this New 3DS exclusive!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39592/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-gets-amiibo-support-na-release-date

Nintendo of America has just announced that Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, the handheld port of Monolith Software's epic JRPG, will be coming to New 3DS XL on April 10.

Additionally, the company confirmed that the title will feature both amiibo and StreetPass support, both of which will earn you in-game tokens that can be used to unlock music and different character models. Naturally, you'll have to tap the Shulk figurine to the system's NFC-enabled lower screen to cash in on the goods.

Finally, the Big N also released a new trailer for the game. Give it a look below.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Gets Amiibo Support, NA Release Date
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »
Use your Shulk Amiibo that is now being sold for $30 and up on e-Bay!
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline kokumaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:28:04 PM »
Japan is also getting Xenoblade X in April, damn it. When is it being released here??

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:42:32 PM »
I like the idea of Amiibo and Streetpass support... but basically everything they lock will be inaccessible to me. The Shulk Amiibo is nearly impossible to get at retail pricing, with preorders selling out extremely quickly due to very limited stock. I already get extremely few Streetpasses with my 3DS, limiting Xenoblade Chronicles X to the larger and more expensive and less portable XL model means I can pretty much give up hope entirely.

So yeah...  these aren't exactly selling points for me. To the contrary, it's a mild turn-off.   :(

On the upside, none of this content should be significant so I'm sure I can just ignore it all.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 02:20:19 PM »
They'll re-release the Shulk amiibo when the game comes out.  Maybe release those Amiibo cards.  I only have a passing interest in Shulk.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 05:18:19 PM »
Japan is also getting Xenoblade X in April, damn it. When is it being released here??
If the Wii version is any indication, probably sometime in 2018. :-P