Author Topic: New Pokémon Movie in the Works  (Read 1904 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
New Pokémon Movie in the Works
« on: April 09, 2003, 08:51:59 AM »
Now you get to see Ruby and Sapphire characters on the big screen.  Or, you could just do what everyone else is going to do and use your GB Players.

Ash, Pikachu and Friends Are Back ... In A New Theatrical Release

Pokemon Heroes In Theaters May 16, 2003

NEW YORK, April 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Pokemon USA, Inc., is pleased to announce that Pokemon Heroes, featuring Latias and Latios, the fifth animated feature film for the franchise, will be coming to theaters as a special limited release from Miramax Films, beginning May 16, 2003.

"Pokemon Heroes will be one of the most exciting projects of the year because it will be the first opportunity for fans to see the newest characters from the Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire video games depicted via animation," says Akira Chiba, president of Pokemon USA, Inc. "The movie will bring characters like Latias and Latios to life so Pokemon admirers will get to experience their personalities and attributes."

Pokemon's most recent theatrical release was Pokemon 4Ever which introduced Celebi, a legendary winged green character which uses its special power to time travel to the present. Regarded by the Film Advisory Board as "Outstanding, the best one ever! Kids will love it!" Pokemon 4Ever is now available on DVD and VHS and includes for the first time in the U.S., the animated short, Pikachu's PikaBoo.

"We were quite pleased with the results of the theatrical release of Pokemon 4Ever, and look forward toward our continuing relationship with Pokemon USA," said Miramax chief operating officer Rick Sands.

The latest installment of the phenomenally successful Pokemon theatrical series takes place in Altomare, a beautiful and mysterious city on water, complete with bridges, waterways and gondolas. After "location hunting" in Italy, director Kunihiko Yuyama and his staff selected Venice as the ideal city on which to base Altomare.

Set against a baffling maze of canals and alleyways, Ash, Pikachu and the rest of the gang take on a slick new pair of thieves in this glamorous, high-stakes adventure story. The film introduces two new Pokemon characters, the courageous Latias and Latios, who possess strong psychic abilities and the power to disguise themselves as humans.

When Ash, Pikachu and friends travel to Altomare to compete in the annual water race, they quickly find themselves in the middle of an elaborate crime. Master thieves Annie and Oakley have set out to steal the Soul Dew -- a jewel with awesome and dangerous powers that few people fully comprehend. The Soul Dew is guarded by the Pokemon siblings, Latios and Latias, who watch over the city. In order to harness the powers of the Soul Dew, Annie and Oakley capture Latios. Ash, Pikachu and Latias are determined to rescue Latios and stop Annie and Oakley from destroying the city -- but doing so will mean battling ancient Pokemon and overcoming some of the most difficult obstacles our heroes have ever faced!

Pokemon Heroes, is produced by Shogakukan Productions; the American release was adapted by 4Kids Productions.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 12:15:54 PM »
I still need to see Pokemon 2, 3, and 4.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline ssj4_android

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 12:23:23 PM »
Who really cares about this? And also, they already shoed one of the Pokemon tv episodes with the r/s pokemon.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 12:25:10 PM »
Let's hope the DVD release of this one isn't as crap-tastic as 4Ever (read: 5 better be in widescreen)

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 04:57:20 PM »
"Make it stop."

LMAO!

C'mon, what about Mario? Link? Hell, even Kirby or Starfox I know its comparing apples to oranges, but it'd be cool they could some of that Silver Screen...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa