Author Topic: GameStop to Sell Exclusive Skylanders SWAP Force Dark Edition Starter Pack   (Read 2944 times)

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile

Skylanders SWAP Force Dark Edition Starter Pack is coming to GameStop.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35164

GameStop announced today that they are now taking preorders for the Skylanders SWAP Force Dark Edition Starter Pack.

The Dark Edition will be exclusive to GameStop, and will be available for both the Wii and Wii U, a Nintendo 3DS version is currently not listed.

The exclusive Starter Pack will include all of the contents of the normal one, though, instead of having three figures, it will include five exclusive dark figures, as well as their corresponding sticker sheets and trading cards.

The exclusive figures include:

• Dark Washbuckler
  • Dark Blast Zone
  • Dark Stealth Elf
  • Dark Spyro
  • Dark Lockjaw

The Skylanders SWAP Force Dark Edition Starter Pack is currently listed to retail for $99.99 across all versions.

James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
As much as I enjoy the actual game, this is what I hate about Skylanders.  I already own 3 different Spyro Figurines and 3 different Stealth Elfs.  I'd be much more interested in this if they took out ONE of those duplicates and added another unique figurine.

Lord knows if my wife heard about this, we'd be rushing to Gamestop asking to switch our preorder from the standard edition to this.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
You should have at least four Spyro figures by now.  You're doing it wrong. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
You should have at least four Spyro figures by now.  You're doing it wrong. :D

Actually, you're right.  Three from Spyro's adventure (Regular, Dark, Legendary), and one from Giants (Regular).

That's depressing.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Okay - so long as you're on board. :D

Pre-ordered mine yesterday.  Hate GameStop and Hate Pre-Ordering, but whacha gonna do?  Got me by the balls on this one, they do. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
Okay - so long as you're on board. :D

Pre-ordered mine yesterday.  Hate GameStop and Hate Pre-Ordering, but whacha gonna do?  Got me by the balls on this one, they do. :D

My wife found out from an email Gamestop sent out this week, so now i'm on the lamb for the Dark Edition.

Happy wife, happy life, I guess.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
lol.  Well, at least she found out about it *now*, instead of after it was released and sold out. ;)

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
lol.  Well, at least she found out about it *now*, instead of after it was released and sold out. ;)

LOL, no kidding.  She was completely miserable when she found out Gamestop was selling a limited version Polar Whirlwind and we missed out on it. 

I really like playing the game more than anything.  While she likes it too, what she REALLY loves is completing her collection.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I think I have an extra one of those...

Nope, it's a Jade Flashwing...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:23:07 PM by UncleBob »

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
I think I have an extra one of those...

Nope, it's a Jade Flashwing...

Yeah, we have Jade Flashwing.  My wife's favorite color is green  ;D .

No worries, I wasn't looking to find one.  Just commenting how coveted these things get!