Author Topic: 'No Plans' to Release Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower in North America  (Read 25770 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Looks like Reggie showed NOE not to f*ck with him.

http://translate.google.fr/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://www.boursier.com/actualites/news/jeux-video-un-depart-chez-nintendo-441097.html

The guy who started this whole mess, Mathieu Minel, by saying NOA didn't show Xenoblade at E3 because they had no plans to release it is now leaving the company.  He's been there for 12 years, but it just so happens over a week after he said something that caused North American Nintendo fans to riot against NOA, he end up leaving.

Not hard to see what happened here.  Reggie probably called up Iwata and told him someone who works for NOE is causing trouble for him by hurting NOA image.  Since someone like Iwata probably doesn't want internal drama like having NOA and NOE publicly fighting each other, he gets rid of the source of said trouble right away.
If Reggie had to call Iwata he's not very powerful.  That should have been at first an NoA to NoE call or Vice-Versa.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Nintendo's "hardcore" audience didn't buy Sin & Punishment 2, Excitebots, Metroid: Other M, etc.

I was half-kidding with the "if you didn't buy Excitebots, you're part of the problem." That's honestly why we're not seeing those games here: Poor sales for previous "similar" games.
Is ExciteBots really a hardcore game? I mean, it was packaged with a Wii Wheel which seems to be labeled as the epitome of casual, and unlike Mario Kart Wii, the wheel is the only available control scheme. Maybe that was its problem, people probably passed it off as either casual trash or a Mario Kart clone, neither of which it is of course.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Well, when you don't advertise a game and don't even tell the press about a game until about a week before it releases, it's not gonna sell well. They did advertise the hell out of Sin & Punishment though, and Other M.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I have never seen an ad for Sin and Punishment.

Which considering I frequent a Gaming site almost hourly it seems.  You think I would have seen those sort of adds.  But I can tell you about Diapers and Mario Emulators.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I've also never seen an ad for Sin and Punishment.

But, between Adblock and DVR, if it's not on a billboard, I'm not likely to see it. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I've also never seen an ad for Sin and Punishment.

But, between Adblock and DVR, if it's not on a billboard, I'm not likely to see it. :D
I don't really do either but, I don't watch a lot of TV either though I do Hulu quiet a bit and it has ads.  I'm sure a lot of my demographic does as well.

Talking about that in front of Cars 2 their was a commercial for Nintendo DS. With kids and like.  My first thought was... Why wasn't the 3DS even mentioned?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
I've seen tons of ads for Sin & Punishment 2. It was all over TV around its release.

I'm going to curb that debate, though, because we all don't have the same TV-watching habits, and we're also not the market that Nintendo needs to advertise that game to (we know about it already. Others don't.).
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I've seen tons of ads for Sin & Punishment 2. It was all over TV around its release.

I'm going to curb that debate, though, because we all don't have the same TV-watching habits, and we're also not the market that Nintendo needs to advertise that game to (we know about it already. Others don't.).
I didn't know about it at launch and when it was flopping ruining are chances to get other games.  Same with ExciteBot and I liked ExciteTruck and would have bought it then.  I step away a for a bit from being steeped in gaming news and I missed it.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
Didn't enjoy the new excite series, I miss excitebike N64.  Excitebots is just plain strange and it really doesn't have much to do with driving then it has to do with minigames like waggling or some other crap.  When was the last time you played a racer when racing wasn't the point but gather points was? 

Well I found that there's software hacks to make the WII region free without any mods so what the release dates for these games anyhow?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Didn't enjoy the new excite series, I miss excitebike N64.  Excitebots is just plain strange and it really doesn't have much to do with driving then it has to do with minigames like waggling or some other crap.  When was the last time you played a racer when racing wasn't the point but gather points was? 

Well I found that there's software hacks to make the WII region free without any mods so what the release dates for these games anyhow?
I like the Excite Series precisely because its about the tricks and the points.  Also technically Mario Kart is about the points because you can Win without winning an actual race.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Actually, it's almost impossible to win a cup in Mario Kart without winning a race. Just about the only way is if you finish 2nd every race, and anybody who finishes 1st in a race never does better than 3rd in the other races. So I suppose it's possible, but almost guaranteed never to happen because the odds are so low.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Actually, it's almost impossible to win a cup in Mario Kart without winning a race. Just about the only way is if you finish 2nd every race, and anybody who finishes 1st in a race never does better than 3rd in the other races. So I suppose it's possible, but almost guaranteed never to happen because the odds are so low.
Never said it was easy.

If memory serves most major racing leagues have a point system that also rewards the driver.  That's why some drivers will finish a race they can't win because you get points for doing so.

Offline pgadala

• View Profile
This is an absolute outrage. I guess Nintendo of America is scared that these kinds of games don't pander to a wide enough audience. I'm still upset that Fire Emblem hasn't even been getting any new releases overseas!

Oh well, I guess I'll have to get these three games shipped to me from Europe when they're all released...