Author Topic: Iwata Comments on Nintendo Next Generation  (Read 16295 times)

Offline Polemistis

• Pirate Commando Elite Space Pirate Shocktrooper!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Iwata Comments on Nintendo Next Generation
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2004, 05:47:40 PM »
I'm swinging with FroM ThA GamEcAve on this one. I too belive it will be some VR system. I seen on TV a little bit ago these guys showing off this virtual headset thing. When you see that, the VR system can't be far away.
Currently Playing: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Most Wanted: Next Cubed Zelda

What the hell? An Aezbit?!? PRESS L+R+B TO REBOOT SYSTEM!!

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2004, 07:04:58 PM »
I'd like to see some VR a la "From tha Gamecave", but at the same time VR would get tricky pretty quickly.  Just say that Nintendo had a perfect headset already developed, there is still the issue that VR doesn't lend itself well to multiplayer or voyeurism which in this era of gaming are nice to have.  Also VR really secludes a gamer from the outside world, (with a GBA you could glance away from the screen and multitask easily; not so with VR) which could be cool for the depth of games but bad in the long run on a societal level.  I can already see kids crossing the street with a headset on and Columbine-copy cats, too into FPSs.  What we need bundled in with these VR headsets is a good parent [I'll sell the copyright to you, NIntendo ], who will regulate impressionable people when using VR.
Kiss the Cynic!

RE: Iwata Comments on Nintendo Next Generation
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2004, 08:25:11 PM »
who says that your friends couldnt link up their headsets too its all about "connectivity".Geez FPS would never be the same
" $0m3 P3OpL3 ThiNk Th@ [PLayInG] vId3O GaM3$ Iz A wA$T3 oF TiM3......... hOw MuCh TiM3 Iz Wa$t3D Ju$t [WaTcHiNg] A TeLeVizi0N????"  - Max Billouin

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Iwata Comments on Nintendo Next Generation
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2004, 04:24:24 AM »
If it's really a VR view device, count me out. Anything but.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2004, 12:28:15 PM »
Whatever the device is, Iwata said it would also be a clue at the N5. If it's a VR device, that'd be to say the N5 would be (or have) a more advanced version of it.

If a VR system were to be Nintendo's MAIN platform, they would fail before they began. VR is niche no matter how cool it is.

I'm betting my first born (again) that it's not VR.
"wow."