Author Topic: Metroid Prime 3 Shipped  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime 3 Shipped
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 05:08:43 AM »
My bank left a message yesterday that I didn't get until after they had closed for the day.  I have to call them today.  I have a feeling my debit card has been compromised.  Shouldn't be much of a problem except that my debit card won't work until I get a new one and I have to get a new one in person and this stupid bank is only open when I'm working so I can only go in on Saturday but I'm out of town this weekend.  And I have only like ten bucks in my pocket.  So to sum it up I likely can't buy anything with my debit card OR go to a bank machine and get money out OR go to the bank itself until next week so I CAN'T BUY METROID PRIME 3!! ARRGGGH!!!!!!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 05:15:32 AM »
Did you use your debit card to buy your Wii?  If so, they probably thought you were in on some sort of scam, since everybody knows you can't find one.

I went to Wal-Mart last night, at about 10:00, hoping that the street date was Monday.  It was, of course, looking here at NWR, but the employees at Wal-mart were telling people they couldn't find it.  Further questioning lead to learning that said employees had not yet looked for the game.  I was sad.  I wished I was at UncleBob's Wal-mart.  The people then told me the game was street dated for today (Tuesday), and that I'd have to wait until midnight before I could buy it anyways.  I was more sad.  Anyways, I suppose I'll have to pick it up some time this week.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime 3 Shipped
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 05:17:18 AM »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 05:22:09 AM »
Thatguy you should have asked for Warhawk!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 02:33:27 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon

Originally posted by: TJ Spyke

I won't get this until next week. I ordered it from Family Video since I can get it for only $40 instead of $54, the dowside is that the $0.99 shipping takes 5-10 business days.

Hmm... Family Video eh? Privately owned, independent retailer, stores nowhere near California where I am based...hmmm....

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274710

They have it on their site for $43.99, use the promo code NEWSZMEM to get another $5 off. Choose the $0.99 shpping (the other option gets it in 3-4 days but costs about $5.50) and since their is no sales tax from them, you can get the game for $40 if you are willing to wait.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 03:44:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
My bank left a message yesterday that I didn't get until after they had closed for the day.  I have to call them today.  I have a feeling my debit card has been compromised.  Shouldn't be much of a problem except that my debit card won't work until I get a new one and I have to get a new one in person and this stupid bank is only open when I'm working so I can only go in on Saturday but I'm out of town this weekend.  And I have only like ten bucks in my pocket.  So to sum it up I likely can't buy anything with my debit card OR go to a bank machine and get money out OR go to the bank itself until next week so I CAN'T BUY METROID PRIME 3!! ARRGGGH!!!!!!

You have no credit card at all?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »
I don't have a credit card yet either. I probably should get one, but right now the debit card is working great. I have enough debt with student loands that I don't need to start creating more anytime soon...

and thanks TJ Spyke! I think I will shift a lot of my purchasing over to FamilyVideo in the future now.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 08:02:51 PM »
99% of the time I use my credit card because I get charged for every transaction I make with my debit card, I know it's stupid because other banks don't do it I think but whatever, and it is also what I use for all my online shopping...and besides, it's not like I buy stuff to a point that I am in debt, I always buy in accordance to what I have in my bank account, I'm sure alot of you are just as responsible.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2007, 08:27:03 PM »
I track my finances in an Excel spreadsheet. it uses FORMULAS!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:17 PM »
Hey! Me too! My entire budget (99% game) is on an excel spreadsheet with formulas and paychecks and everything! I even have a "couldn't fit it in wishlist" on the side!

It probably makes more sense to use a credit card and intelligently manage your monthly charges, never paying interest and paying the balance clean each month. That way you build credit! With a debit card you... don't...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2007, 09:54:25 PM »
Hahaha, Pro666 you silly devil.

Kairon, and never go over the monthly limit with your credit card, they will heftly charge you.