Author Topic: This Week in Nintendo Downloads - September 15, 2011  (Read 1256 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
This Week in Nintendo Downloads - September 15, 2011
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »

Mega Man fires up the eShop, and the Blue Man Group keep on groovin'.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27839

Five new pieces of software have been added to Nintendo's various downloadable game services this week.

Exclusively for the 3DS's Virtual Console is Capcom's Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge for the Game Boy. Originally released in 1991, the game borrows heavily from its console counterparts, complete with various robot masters to choose from.

Today's Nintendo Video update is another video starring the Blue Man Group, this time titled Foley Part 1. 

Two games for both the DSiWare and eShop added this week. The first of these is Defense of the Middle Kingdom by Aksys Games. Being a tower defense game, players place soldiers on the battlefield in order to prevent enemy forces from entering the base. It is available now for $4.99 (500 Nintendo DSiWare Points on DSi).

The second DSiWare and eShop game for this week is Bridge from Cosmigo. A card game, Bridge allows up to four players and even camera support for the player's avatar. It is available now for $4.99 (500 Nintendo DSiWare Points on DSi).

Finally, only one WiiWare game made an appearance on today's update: RedLynx's MotoHeroz, a side-scrolling platforming game with a unique gameplay concept: vehicle racing. It has a story mode, and a multiplayer mode for up to four players. MotoHeroz can be downloaded for 1500 Wii Points ($15).

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: This Week in Nintendo Downloads, September 15, 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
MotoHerez and Mega Man. A good week for sure. Hope MotoHerez gets a good review.

I swear I haven't opened Nintendo Video for weeks. Would they put more than one video up and have it not be stupid for once?
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: This Week in Nintendo Downloads - September 15, 2011
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »
Sigh. After my 3DS is fixed and returned, I'll probably get Defense of the Middle Kingdom based on theme alone. Not expecting much after seeing the video but maybe it will surprise.

Wish I could split points between Wii and 3DS. MotoHeroz looks pretty good despite a terrible name, but I'm not keen enough on downloadable content for Wii to buy points just for that right now.
NNID: ejamer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
Go on. Download Dr. Wily's Revenge. Know my pain.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 12:06:35 AM »
I actually liked Dr. Wily's Revenge when I was a kid, but that's because Mega Man was my favorite series for a long time.  It was nice to have a portable version in the Gameboy era.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 12:58:36 PM »
It's not that I don't like it but that it's brutally hard.