Author Topic: Pac-Man World 3 Ships  (Read 1724 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Pac-Man World 3 Ships
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:16:26 AM »
Why does Namco have to mention some sort of anniversary with every press release?

"PAC-MAN WORLD(TM) 3" CHOMPS ITS WAY TO STORES    

Pac-Man Marks His 25th Birthday with a New Multi-Platform Adventure

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (November 15, 2005) – Leading video games developer and   publisher Namco Hometek Inc. today announced that "Pac-Man World(TM) 3" has   begun shipping for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system,   Microsoft Xbox(R), Nintendo GameCube(TM) and PC. The game will also be   available on Nintendo DS(TM) and PSP(TM) (PlayStation(R)Portable) system in   December. The 25-year old video game icon’s latest adventure combines   contemporary platform gameplay with both traditional "Pac-Man" elements and   brand-new moves. "Pac-Man World 3" is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.    

“Pac-Man is celebrating his silver anniversary this year, but he gets a gold   star for his performance in 'Pac-Man World 3,'” said Jeff Lujan, Business   Director at Namco Hometek Inc. “As if it wasn’t enough that his newest game   is one of his best platform adventures yet with its incredible action,   challenging puzzles and unique new features like the Power Ribbon and the   Super Stomp--but for the first time in one of his games he also speaks!”    

In "Pac-Man World 3," the evil genius Erwin has created a machine that can   penetrate into the Spectral Realm - the world of the Ghosts – and ultimately   devastate the world. At the start of the game, Pac-Man is mysteriously   transported out of Pac-Village, into a mysterious land, and he soon realizes   that it is up to him to uncover Erwin’s diabolical plot and save the world   from massive catastrophe. Along the way, Pac-Man will meet friends and   enemies alike, and to achieve his goals he may need to make allies out of   his old nemeses.    

"Pac-Man World 3" features Pac-Man classics including Power Pellets,   Pac-Dots, fruit and favorite characters, while adding new elements such as a   the Electro Shock, Power Ribbon, and Super Stomp, plus new special moves   like punching and climbing.  For the first time, players will be able to   control the Ghosts Pinky and Clyde, who each have special abilities to solve   puzzles and access areas that Pac-Man can’t reach. "Pac-Man World 3" also   features the original arcade game from 1980, and classic 2D and 3D mazes   throughout the adventure in which players can compete for bonuses.    

In addition to enjoying the action-adventure in "Pac-Man World 3," players   can experience some special extras in celebration of Pac-Man’s 25th   anniversary.  Bonus material in the game’s museum section includes an   exclusive interview with Pac-Man’s creator, Toru Iwatani, a sneek peek video   trailer for the upcoming "Pac-Man World(TM) Rally*," and a written history   of Pac-Man over the years;    

*"Pac-Man World Rally" video trailer available in PlayStation(R)2 computer   entertainment system, Microsoft Xbox(R), PSP(TM) (PlayStation(R)Portable)   system, and PC versions only.    

For more information on Pac-Man World 3 visit www.pacmanworld3.namco.com.  

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Pac-Man World 3 Ships
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 08:26:03 AM »
Well, I don't know about Zapper, but I enjoyed Pac-Man World 2 a lot more than I thought I would, so I'll at least give 3 a try.

Pinky and Clyde, playable?  What about Blinky and Inky?  >_<

And it seems like every Pac-Man game has to have the original 1980 Pac-Man in it somewhere; does it really need to be said anymore?

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: Pac-Man World 3 Ships
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 08:58:12 AM »
Uh, Pac Man World 2 was not made by the same devloper.  That's my point.  I thought PMW2 was surprisingly good as well.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi