Author Topic: Mad Catz and NBA Continue Licensing Agreement  (Read 1550 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Mad Catz and NBA Continue Licensing Agreement
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:46:44 AM »
The accessory house and the Association will keep providing game accessories for the Wii, DS and the others.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13306

Mad Catz Renews NBA License to Produce New Line of Controllers and Related Accessories    

Customized NBA Team Controllers and Accessories for Current Generation Consoles to Complement Existing Product Offering

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (AMEX/TSE: MCZ), a leading third-party video game accessory provider, announced today that it has renewed its license agreement with the National Basketball Association (NBA) to produce a new line of customized team video game controllers and other related accessories.    

Mad Catz will develop new stylish video game controllers, faceplates and Console Skinz™ for all 30 NBA teams, each featuring the team’s colors and logos. The Mad Catz NBA products will be available for the PlayStation®2, PlayStation®3, Xbox®, Xbox 360™, PSP, Nintendo DS Lite, and Nintendo™ Wii gaming consoles.    

Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz, commented, “Basketball has proven to be an extremely popular genre for gamers and we are thrilled to announce the continuation of our license agreement with the NBA. Our new NBA line will offer fans more ways than ever to demonstrate their support for their favorite teams and we look forward to launching controllers and other quality accessories that enhance the gaming experience of our customers."    

Mad Catz originally unveiled NBA video game controllers and accessories during the 2004-2005 NBA season. The new controllers and related accessories will be available through NBA.com, NBA arena stores, online video game retailers and wherever video game accessories are sold.    

For more information or for high definition photos of the products, please visit www.madcatz.com or www.nba.com.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: Mad Catz and NBA Continue Licensing Agreement
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:08:13 AM »
This is a little off the topic, but has anyone else seen those Nerf wireless PS2 controllers?   They have a foam coating.  This needs to happen for the Wii.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Mad Catz and NBA Continue Licensing Agreement
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:21:27 AM »
If not, you have now.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!