Author Topic: No Online Play for NBA Jam on Wii  (Read 13079 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: No Online Play for NBA Jam on Wii
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 06:25:38 PM »
Can you tell the difference between a game running 60fps and when it's not exactly 60fps?
Yes. I even looked it up. Especially side by side, anyone could. More to the point is that the original ran at 60 fps. If it truly didn't make a difference, why would Mark Turmell and Mark Turmell be so adamant about it?
And I never asked you to believe my "assesment" of the framerate, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna swallow piss just because they call it lemonade.
Not directly but you keep saying that it doesn't make a difference. Clearly, it does to the people making the game. It's a sad day when gamers are bitching when developers are trying to make their games run better.
BTW, where was this commitment to "quality" when they released Deadspace on the Wii?
EA Canada didn't develop Dead Space Extraction.

first of all:

Goals, it's good to have them.

2nd, I'm not (nor is anyone else that I saw)bitching about them wanting to make the game run better, I'm simply not being spoon fed the BS excuse as to why they aren't putting in online.
Maybe it wan't even their decision or maybe they really couldn't get it running at an acceptable framerate, but we don't know either way. I just don't buy that it has to be a 60FPS or Bust situation. and/or that that is the only reason why online was clipped in the only retail version of the game.

and 3rd, when I said they, I meant EA as a whole.
I'm glad "they" all of a sudden attempt to achieve higher standards, especially when it comes to their Wii projects, but there is a difference between wanting to get something just right and cutting something completely because it's simply not good enough.

If online was up and running (don't know why I'm explaining this again) and the only reason it was cut was because they couldn't lock it at a solid 60FPS, then that is BS. plain and simple as that. Did they give another reason for cutting online that I didn't see? because that's my understanding of the situation.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: No Online Play for NBA Jam on Wii
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2010, 07:40:20 AM »
After reading the thread there are a couple things I want to address.

Almost all EA online enabled games use EA Nation and not Nintendo WiFi connection. So if you still have your head wrapped around Nintendo's online service limitations, you shouldn't because EA Nation is EA's own servers. If EA can pull off 32 online multiplay with Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 on Wii and online gameplay with their sports games even with NBA Live '09 (yes I know the NBA Live games are horrible but they did make older NBA games with online on Wii!) then they could of easily made an online mode for NBA Jam.  Also in a way Nintendo probably doesn't care a company comes up with their own online solution in lieu of NWFC, if that wasn't the case then EA Nation wouldn't of probably existed on Wii and Capcom wouldn't of had custom servers for Monster Hunter Tri.

Sure 60FPS is fine and dandy, but with online the framerate can be clobbered due to latency, and everything is affected by latency when you deal with networking. Nintendo WiFi, PSN, and Xbox Live are all P2P online services. Still I would place the blame on EA due to the fact that the Wii version which is supposed to be the full and complete version lacks something that the "stripped down" version contains. 

For those who will want to get the code from the PS3 and 360 version of NBA Jam, it's still not revealed if the online code will allow them to download the game and play it as if it was a separate title or if it's an unlock code for a mode to play the game off the NBA Elite disc.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:49:45 AM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.