Author Topic: No MegaMan Universe WiiWare Release Due to Size Restrictions  (Read 6817 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: No MegaMan Universe WiiWare Release Due to Size Restrictions
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 06:47:09 PM »
yay for everyone that replied minutes after me only to say the exact same thing again... and again.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »
That's what points are for: if someone says something you were going to say, you applaud them.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »
I was confirming what you were speculating on (that the PS3 will get disc-free streaming next month) by letting the others know that Netflix themselves have confirmed it.

If you were referring to the people who replied after and said that too, I apologize. IG
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 08:16:58 PM »
That's what points are for: if someone says something you were going to say, you applaud them.

more like repeated what I already said, and then someone else repeated it again after that.... both minutes later.
I was confirming what you were speculating on (that the PS3 will get disc-free streaming next month) by letting the others know that Netflix themselves have confirmed it.

If you were referring to the people who replied after and said that too, I apologize. IG

I only speculated that the 3D update for PS3 was delayed to include it, not speculating on IF the discless update was gonna happen.
It looked like Sony delayed that update to be one for multiple reasons instead of multiple updates spread out.

I probably could have made that a little more clear the first time.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »

more like repeated what I already said, and then someone else repeated it again after that.... both minutes later.

I meant they should have applauded you instead of repeating what you already said.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
Nintendo is the only company that ever has this **** happen.  For the last ten years anytime you hear "well we couldn't do this because of this restriction" it's Nintendo.  Every single fucking time.

Why don't they allow larger sizes?  Because they don't have the storage space.  Why don't they have more storage space?  Because they didn't design the Wii to support hard drives so it has way less storage available than the other consoles.  It always comes back to some very questionable Nintendo decision, usually one that anyone who didn't live in a bubble would not make.

My guess is that it's because of the system RAM. The limit is 40MB, that's also the size of one of the system's RAMs IIRC. The file that's downloaded is written to the non-volatile medium once the download is complete (try downloading straight to SD card, observe how much longer Mario jumps against the third block compared to when you download to the main ROM, if the data was being written as it is downloaded it should slow down the download overall, not the last part).

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »
Size restrictions should have been dropped when the "storage solution" was announced.  Like others have said, I hope these limitations are fixed on the next console.
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....