Author Topic: Nintendo of America Vice President Retires  (Read 2537 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Nintendo of America Vice President Retires
« on: February 05, 2003, 07:58:33 AM »
The man in charge of Nintendo's financials will soon be replaced by a... boy scout?

Nintendo Executive VP Retires; Spiegel, Inc.'s James Cannataro named Replacement

REDMOND, Wash., Feb. 5, 2003 – Nintendo of America Inc. today announced John Bauer will retire at the end of March from his longtime post as executive vice president.  

In early March, James Cannataro will join Nintendo of America Inc. as its new executive vice president. Cannataro, like Bauer, will be responsible for Nintendo’s finance, credit, human resources, information services, and other administrative functions. With an M.B.A. in Finance from DePaul University in Chicago, Cannataro currently serves as executive vice president and chief financial officer for Spiegel, Inc. He previously served as executive vice president and chief financial officer for Eddie Bauer.  

“John Bauer has been a tremendous asset to Nintendo, making a substantial impact during his long tenure with us,” says Tatsumi Kimishima, president, Nintendo of America Inc. “We’re very sad to see him leave, and, of course, wish him well in the opportunities that lie ahead.”  

Bauer joined Nintendo in 1994 after serving as a managing partner with Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers), an international accounting firm. In addition to his role at Nintendo, Bauer also has been very active in a number of capacities, including the Seattle Mariners, Junior Achievement, the Boy Scouts of America, Overlake Hospital, and many other community organizations.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
Nintendo of America Vice President Retires
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 10:30:49 AM »
The new VP surprises me. Spiegle is an over priced, Sony Loving, catalog. Oh well if they can sell overpriced things like that catalog can sell things at that inflated of a price he may be the right person for the job.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.