Author Topic: DS Lite Details  (Read 8451 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: DS Lite Details
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2006, 08:24:42 PM »
It does create a risk, you can't leave the carts inserted when you put the system into a pocket.

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:DS Lite Details
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2006, 08:59:25 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
It does create a risk, you can't leave the carts inserted when you put the system into a pocket.

Of course you can? What's it going to do, gouge a 1cm hole in your leg?

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 02:41:04 AM »

Yeah, I'm sitting here wonderig if it is just on its way in, because the pic of the DS cart is shown as if it was in the process of being inserted. I wonder if Gamesarefun are just going off the picture or if it says it somewhere in the Japanese...

The dummy cart is stubby. And it's not just that it's avoiding the contacts. Compare the notch in the side to a GBA cart.

And Nintendo can't switch to making stubby GBA games, because they won't fit in a GBA (any version) or regular DS. Of course, if Nintendo came up with some sort of enhanced DS Lite-exclusive games that utilize something or the other that the regular DS doesn't have, and is more suited to the GBA slot than the DS slot, then that would be perfect. I smell a megaton.

Of course you can? What's it going to do, gouge a 1cm hole in your leg?

Worse. Damage your videogames.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 03:14:24 AM »
Damage the GBA cart connector. After all, it's like a lever with only the connector holding it in place.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 03:32:49 AM »
GBA games sticking out slightly isn't a huge deal.  I think the DS Option Paks sticking out is a bigger deal.  Even though the rumble Pak is supposedly fairly worthless, it will be even more so now that it sticks out.  I wonder if Nintendo will start making DS and DSL compatible Option Paks?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »
Yeah, it couldn't get any more official.. I had a friend translate the bottom of the one picture.. and the () at the end saying "juts out 1cm" or something close to that.

This does kind of upset me, as the pocket thing is a big part of what made the Lite cool..  We'll have to see how it works.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 09:08:38 PM »
This does kind of upset me, as the pocket thing is a big part of what made the Lite cool.

Pocket thing?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 09:19:39 PM »
It can't possibly be worse than old GB games flopping around the bottom of the SP for a mile. flop flop flop
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2006, 10:10:40 PM »
No but that was bad enough.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE:DS Lite Details
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2006, 06:38:19 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
This does kind of upset me, as the pocket thing is a big part of what made the Lite cool.

Pocket thing?

Haha, you know... the "pocket thing"...

I just meant the fact that it would fit in my pocket better was one of the big selling points of the Lite...  Anyone who says having a game jut out won't make that more difficult and more fragile is just insane.. =P

Anyway, I guess the alternative is to carry your gba games in the other pocket and put them in when you are ready to play, but still, somewhat frustrating...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram