Author Topic: Christmas VC Games Revealed  (Read 14355 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: Christmas VC Games Revealed
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2006, 08:08:12 AM »
I think you all should hit yourselves in the guts for even EXPECTING something significant on Christmas...Seriously, I told SB back when the news about Reggie's "surprise" was mentioned that it could be something small or not worthwhile. Companies, even Nintendo, have the tendency to hype up even the stupidest of things and when its revealed the fans will be disappointed.

Sorry for saying this, but part of your disappointment is caused by your own hopes. Hopefully you should learn from this and not expecting ANYTHING when a company announces something major coming.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
RE:Christmas VC Games Revealed
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »
This isn't the surprise Reggie was talking about. Reggie said the surprise had to do with WiiConnect24, not the Virtual Console. I do agree though that people shouldn't have assumed we would get a free game (especially one that Nintendo knows would sell a ***ton of copies).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2006, 02:03:29 PM »
Can anybody tell me if SC IV is any good? The only Castlevania game i've played was Circle of the Moon, and I didn't like it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2006, 11:32:34 PM »
Doesn't have much in common with COTM, SC4 is a completely linear game with levels you move through, beat the boss of and proceed to the next.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2006, 12:59:11 PM »
Ceric, STFU, we don't even have Super Mario Bros available here and I really want it.

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2006, 01:28:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
Yeah, Super Street Fighter II Turbo is the only one worth buying.  Since it combines everything from all the other version of II.

Of course I get the feeling that version wont come out for a few years, since there starting with the first one right now.  It'll probobly be a year from now they'll go to Turbo, then another year Super, and then after another year Super Turbo.  So we're going to be waiting for awhile.

Why didn't they release the best version first and skip the other ones?  That's just wrong.  Although they area  bit cluttered with all those extra characters.  I think the original game was more well balanced.

I wonder how the TG-16 emulator works.  The TG-16 used CD's for some games.  If they really use the CD (say for music or video) then it would be too big to download.  Unless they can somehow compress the music/video to mp3/mpeg etc. and have the emulator cope with that.

And are they willing to newly translate games that were once Japan only?  In other words I really want Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2006, 03:49:05 PM »
On another note, will Nintendo ever reveal their Virtual Console sales? I'd expect Super Mario Bros to sell through the roof, of course, but I'd be interested in seeing sales for, say, Bonk..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2006, 04:29:13 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
On another note, will Nintendo ever reveal their Virtual Console sales? I'd expect Super Mario Bros to sell through the roof, of course, but I'd be interested in seeing sales for, say, Bonk..

I suspect we'll be getting a "millionth game!" sold thing when it happens.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2006, 04:32:18 PM »
We might hear something general (like SMB is over 50K), but I doubt we will get specific numbers (like Sonic has been bought 65,567 times).

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2006, 10:38:46 AM »
"It'll probobly be a year from now they'll go to Turbo, then another year Super, and then after another year Super Turbo. So we're going to be waiting for awhile."

I'm willing to bet SF2WW on the VC is a test to see if there's any demand for it from the userbase.  
Besides, beyond SSF2 SNES they would have to emulate the arcade game for SSF2T since other than the rushed GBA port, no Nintendo console ever got the game.  At that point Capcom might as well release Hyper Street Fighter 2 for the Wii.  

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2006, 11:10:07 AM »
Wait, I thought Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo was released on the SNES?  Well I guess Turbo is the only one worth getting on the Virtual Console then.

Of course that does bring up the point, will the Virtual Console emulate arcades in the future.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2006, 01:58:08 PM »
I don't see why it couldn't.  Afterall, if I'm correct VC games each come with a specific emulator.  At least it's the only way I can explain Sonic 1 being 1MB as a standalone ROM and the VC Sonic 1 being 3MB other than a few custom graphics.