Author Topic: North American Virtual Console Releases  (Read 14702 times)

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:North American Virtual Console Releases
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 05:33:36 PM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
As for Sin and Punishment, I figured out the way the controls flowed pretty quickly, with one exception:  How do you sword things?  I know it's possible, I've seen it on youtube, so it has to be true.  I think I've tried all the buttons, though, so I must be missing how the timing works.

Did you even play the training thing? O:<  Press the shoot button when a swordable object is in range.
GOREGASM!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: North American Virtual Console Releases
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 05:33:42 PM »
I forgot about World 9.  That means SMB2J has 52 levels - or about 63% more levels than the original.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 06:26:06 PM »

Originally posted by: Smoke39

Originally posted by: thatguy
As for Sin and Punishment, I figured out the way the controls flowed pretty quickly, with one exception:  How do you sword things?  I know it's possible, I've seen it on youtube, so it has to be true.  I think I've tried all the buttons, though, so I must be missing how the timing works.

Did you even play the training thing? O:<  Press the shoot button when a swordable object is in range.

No, of course not.  I tried that a little, but I guess I didn't press it hard enough in the right way.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2007, 09:35:52 PM »
I've also picked up Sin and Punishment.  To me, the game is hard because of the controls.   But it's the good kind of hard, where once you master to the controls, it'll become easier to play (like the Resident Evils.

I might pick up The Lost Levels later, not really sure yet.  I'm thinking about waiting for the release of Super Mario All Stars.

Originally posted by: Caliban
Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels is hard, but I like the fact that when I lose all my lives I can continue from the beginning of the world I was in, for example I lost my last life on world 2-2 and so I can continue but I'm back at 2-1 instead of 1-1 like in Super Mario Bros.

I also got Sin and Punishment but I have yet to try it out, unfortunately.

You can also continue from where you game overed in Super Mario Bros.  Just hold down the A button and press Start.

500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: North American Virtual Console Releases
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2007, 10:56:23 PM »
Both games are fantastic. Lost Levels are mere bonus level pack for SMB? It's 100 times better than SMB and makes it look like a babies game. Sin and Punishment surprised me, it's not usually the type of game I like but its just so awesome.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2007, 05:24:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Myxtika1 Azn
You can also continue from where you game overed in Super Mario Bros.  Just hold down the A button and press Start.

Huh? I've bee playing this game all these years from way back when and now they tell me...the world is keeping secrets from me, I know it.