Author Topic: Nintendo 'Quality of Life' Platform Coming in 2015  (Read 8449 times)

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 'Quality of Life' Platform Coming in 2015
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »
@Cleric - I think your idea is too grandiose.  It sounds expensive and it is replacing all things that a nurse can do in under 5 min. Clinics are typically prioritized by who gets there first. If waiting 20 min to see a doctor puts you in jeopardy, you should go to an ER not a clinic.

Nintendo has delved into cheap fitness tech (fit meter/Wii fit board).  They would need to invest billions in R&D to come up with D ME that is accurate enough to use in a healthcare setting. Notwithstanding, they would need to create service departments across the country to service the equipment when it breaks.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 12:35:54 PM »
After reading more and sleeping on it, I think this Quality of Life stuff could be a side business, alternate revenue stream, something that can still be directly related to videogames, but doesn't have to be.

Remember Nintendo had those patents for an exercise bike and I think a Pilates ball like attachment that correlates to things happening on the screen. So, games like Wii Fit, Wii Relax (Vitality Sensor) & Brain Age should be part of the QoL platform.
If that is the case, and Nintendo has an all new department that focuses specifically on this, then I see no problem. That could also include specialized games & devices directed at rehabilitation.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
@smallsharkbigbite  I don't think it is and here's why.  The new Kinect on the XBone can already do most of what I mentioned.  We have the Technology its just not at a consumer price point but it is also not super expensive either.  $3,000 to save a nurses time so they can be doing more Nurse specific things could easily pay for itself in days.
---

After reading through what he says that's an interesting brush for him to take with Entertainment.  Nintendo could justify making Smart Desks and less annoying faucets.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 01:30:05 PM »
But is the new Kinect accurate enough for a healthcare setting.

The roadblock in a clinical setting is the physician's time. Most items have already been transferred to the nursing staff. A nurse would have to help the patient utilize the device, enter in patient chart info into the device, and make a determination of priority for the patient. I don't see how this would use any less nursing time and unless this is 100% accurate, vitals would often have to be checked by the nurse to ensure the machine wasnt giving faulty info.