Author Topic: What I'm Looking Forward To (Fall 2011)  (Read 2397 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
What I'm Looking Forward To (Fall 2011)
« on: August 12, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »

NWR's Director takes a peek at the upcoming slate of games and waxes poetic about why he is excited for certain games.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/27437

I've said a great deal about how thoroughly disappointed I was with most of 2011. I feel like a broken record. To combat that, I'm going to look over the slate of releases for the rest of 2011 and talk a little bit about why I'm excited for them.

Now, I might not be overly positive on every single game, but for example, I'll likely write a paragraph or two on why I think Frogger 3D looks ridiculous. I'm not going to rush out and buy that game the day it comes out (I think), but it's worth noting, and I look forward to its existence even if I don't have the funds to play it.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
    • View Profile
Re: What I'm Looking Forward To (Fall 2011)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:10:06 PM »
I'm sad that the developers couldn't (or just didn't)  implement an online multiplayer mode given that Starfox Command already had a rudimentary one in place.  If they had expanded the original multiplayer mode, it would have made all the difference in making the game a day one purchase.

I know that someone stated on RFN that dogfighting in the original Starfox 64 wasn't all that much fun, but my friends and I had hours of fun with it back in the day.  I used to dream of someday playing a sequel to Starfox or Rogue Squadron that allowed friends to cooperatively attack a fleet, a boss or complete a mission.   For example, it would have been great if you could have a multiplayer mode where you could either choose the role of the Star Fox or Star Wolf teams.

I feel a little sad that space fighters/shooters/simulators are generally out of vogue.  Star Fox was probably my most-played game during the N64 days.  I love that game; I used to play through it at least once a day after school.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:12:02 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »
Something tells me if I say anything about doing a barrel roll, I'll be slapped.

TRY A SOMERSAULT!!
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mataata

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
Something tells me if I say anything about doing a barrel roll, I'll be slapped.

TRY A SOMERSAULT!!

Use the bewst to get throo!
I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »
Are there just two games you're looking forward to or do you plan to add more to this at some point?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 08:55:50 PM »
Are there just two games you're looking forward to or do you plan to add more to this at some point?

I believe I made it decently clear throughout the posted pages that it's a work in progress, and not everything will be posted all at once, as evidenced by the fact that Star Fox 64 3D and Bit.Trip Complete/Saga were posted about a week apart.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »
Ah I see. I just found this today so I wasn't sure, and I didn't realize the Bit.Trip.Complete entry is the same one that was posted separately since I didn't click on it. Good to know.

Offline bit trip

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »
Wait when was Layton confirmed 2 weeks after Kirby? someone please answer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
AFAIK, in North America Layton still just has a "Fall 2011" release date.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 08:50:05 PM »
It was a joke...
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"