Author Topic: Shrek 2 OST Released  (Read 2098 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Shrek 2 OST Released
« on: May 04, 2004, 04:31:34 PM »
Do you like Shrek?  Do you like video game music?  ...Do you like Shrek video game music?

Shrek 2 Original Game Soundtrack Released

SANTA MONICA, CA ­ May 3, 2004 ­ Composer Kevin Manthei, along with KMM Productions released today an original score soundtrack of the music from the Activision and Dreamworks game Shrek 2.  The soundtrack is available for purchase exclusively through KMM Productions website store. (www.kmmproductions.com/store.html)

The soundtrack contains over 60 minutes of original music composed by Kevin Manthei and Kevin Riepl of KMM Productions. "The soundtrack leaves virtually no musical genre untouched and it¹s our desire to keep listeners ears glued to their speakers." Says Kevin Manthei principle composer and owner of KMM Productions. "Our goal with this soundtrack was to play with standard conventions, having fun with the music by twisting and tweaking all the standard musical cliché¹s that the film Shrek is famous for on camera."

KMM Productions Store The new store section at www.kmmproductions.com has soundtracks from many of the recent and classic games Kevin Manthei has scored. Other game soundtracks available for purchase include Kill.Switch (Namco), Dead to Rights (Namco) and Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (Activision).  Also available are classic scores to SSI¹s Panzer General Series, Sir-Tech¹s Wizardry 8, and Jagged Alliance 2.  "I am excited to be able to share the music from these games with gaming fans" says Kevin Manthei.  

Shrek 2 Soundtrack Available at: http://www.kmmproductions.com/store.html

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline ATimson

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Shrek 2 OST Released
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 06:53:07 PM »
Hmm. I'll have to go to Kevin's site and see if he has any samples--I certainly liked the work he did on UT2003/UT2004, and might very well enjoy this without playing the game.

(Does anyone know of a Beyond Good and Evil soundtrack CD?)
Grr. Argh.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Shrek 2 OST Released
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 11:37:06 AM »
Of all the games to get a soundtrack CD...

If there was something catchy like the original Shrek's Smash Mouth's remake of The Monkees' I'm A Believer, that kind of thing would probably also be on the movie soundtrack, I'm sure.  The game soundtrack must have stuff from the game, and while the game may not be out yet and I haven't heard it, I still ask...why?

There are many other games equally or more deserving of a game soundtrack, I'm sure, and none have been made officially available.  It's like this is meant to be sold to parents who want to be hip and all that by buying a Shrek product, and a game soundtrack at that, to appear cutting edge or some crap like that.