Author Topic: First 4 Figures Acquires Kirby License, Teases Upcoming Statue  (Read 1860 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

Kirby fans will soon have some expensive merchandise to save up for.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38298/first-4-figures-acquires-kirby-license-teases-upcoming-statue

First 4 Figures has acquired the official license to manufacture statues based on the Kirby series of games. The first statue in the line, Sword Kirby, has been teased and will go up for pre-order this coming Tuesday on the manufacture's website. Low edition numbers will be given out on a first-come first-serve basis.

There has been no information about the physical size of the statues in this line, the edition size, or the price. However, Nintendo products from First 4 Figures typically have been over $100 dollars each, and some have sold for more than $300, so Kirby fans hoping to get one better start saving their money.

For years now First 4 Figures has been making high-end statues for a number of Nintendo owned Intellectual Properties including Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

Offline TheXenocide

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: First 4 Figures Acquires Kirby License, Teases Upcoming Statue
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 06:11:54 PM »
Considering at least 70% of this statue is just a sphere, it better not be too expensive.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:41:40 AM »
Kirby is something that needs to be a pillow, not a figure.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
Considering at least 70% of this statue is just a sphere, it better not be too expensive.
You want to 'figure' out a new price then?

Kirby is something that needs to be a pillow, not a figure.
Well 'figures' that you plebeians don't appreciate the finer things in life. :D

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 11:54:52 PM »
Good GOD NO! NO! NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That image is beautiful and I just want it to stop! I figured Mario would be it, but now Kirby too?

I guess at this point I will get the entire Smash Cast...

So far I have Link on Epona, Sonic and Samus. It's only a matter of time before Donkey Kong is available but that   I would have no regrets buying.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »
forget statues when the HELL is someone going to make a full line of pose-able Nintendo themed action figures with play sets? I want a full on GI-Joe type series with Mario characters and then expand into other games. I have wanted that pretty much forever.
Trying to be a better person, honest.