Author Topic: Metroid Prime: Federation Force Review  (Read 9385 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force Review
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2016, 04:37:48 PM »
Ain't nothing suspicious going on here. John really enjoyed the game. I think that he explains why very well in the review.

So uh, let's not go lobbying these "suspicions" about a web site run by volunteers that do this for fun.

Hmmm. Replying to slapdash unelaborated accusations about the review being somehow suspicious by stating there is nothing suspicious going on?

SUUUUUU-SPIcious! The conspiracy is real, I tell ya! Unless, of course, it isn't.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:39:23 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2016, 07:12:22 PM »
Funnily enough, I wasn't suspicious until Neal's post.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »
I don't see a lot of reviews for this yet and I was shocked to see it's already been released.  So is this one of those situations where the publisher did not provide review copies?  That's usually not a good sign, typically in anticipation of poor word of mouth.

I think there are probably two approaches to reviewing this and they both have an audience:
1. How good is game on its own merits without the context of it's IP?
2. How good of a METROID game is this?

For me number 2 is what matters.  I'm not interested in Metroid games that don't play like Metroid games.  I never bought Hunters for that same reason and I'm also really not that interested in a multiplayer shooter on a handheld either for that matter.  This is probably not a poorly made game so 9 review is completely fair if the reviewer had a great time with it.  But I can also tell from the review that I wouldn't be interested in this game.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 12:56:55 PM »
I don't see a lot of reviews for this yet and I was shocked to see it's already been released.  So is this one of those situations where the publisher did not provide review copies?  That's usually not a good sign, typically in anticipation of poor word of mouth.

Review copies were provided. However, you can see the problem by looking at the time when the review went up (12:00am ET on Friday).

In Federation Force's case, I guess Nintendo figured the bad WOM was already baked in and it created a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline RafaelDB

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 10:08:40 AM »
Once Again, another Terrible review from a Dumb website
New IGN everyone (only worse)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2016, 03:23:53 PM »
Once Again, another Terrible review from a Dumb website
New IGN everyone (only worse)

What's so terrible and dumb about the review? What is your reasoning for this stance?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.