Author Topic: Kirby Delayed in Japan  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Kirby Delayed in Japan
« on: March 22, 2004, 04:54:03 PM »
A major bug has caused Nintendo to indefinitely delay the latest GBA Kirby game.

Previously planning to release Kirby Mirror (Hoshi no Kirby: Kagami no Daimeikyu) just this week, Nintendo announced on Friday that a critical bug has been found in the game, forcing them to delay it until the problem can be fixed.  They apologize to everyone who was planning on picking up the game for Spring Break.  

This is terrible news all around, since Nintendo undoubtedly had a large stock of cartridges already produced for the game, which presumably need to be destroyed at this point.  We'll let you know when Kirby Mirror's new Japanese release is announced.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Doerr

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Kirby Delayed in Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 07:57:04 PM »
well its better that they found it now then releasing the copies and then finding it.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Kirby Delayed in Japan
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 02:48:58 AM »
Major bummer, but huzzah and kudos to Nintendo for stepping up and taking care of this major bug BEFORE the game came to market. Edios and Atari could learn a lot from them...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 05:52:41 AM »
any one have any idea what the bug is?  i'm wondering how critical it can be if it took this long to discover.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GaimeGuy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 01:16:43 PM »
The criticality (Is that even a word?) of the  bug doesn't necessarily have a relation to how obvious it is.  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 01:44:01 PM »
As a programmer I find that a lot of the time the really scary crucial bugs like holes in security don't show up until later.  I don't think there's a specific reason for this aside form Murphy's law.

The bugs one finds first are usually the ones that crash the program.  They're the easiest to spot and usually the easiest to fix.  The worst bugs are ones that don't appear to do anything wrong and don't crash anything but do something incorrectly where it's least likely to be noticed.  Stuff like incompatibility with leap years are the sort of bugs you find last.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 02:10:26 AM »
kingvudu: You might want to talk that out with Microsoft.