Author Topic: Pandora's Tower Coming to North America via Xseed?  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pandora's Tower Coming to North America via Xseed?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
Well, great on XSEED for doing what Nintendo wouldn't, but I really hope you all have reasonable expectations for this game.  I have the NoE version, and while it's the best Zelda game released on years, that's really not saying very much given how poor those games have been.  It's very much a fairly mediocre action/adventure game with some interesting combat ideas (which is more than can be said of The Last Story) and an intriguing setup, but it's brought down by severe repetition and TBH not a great translation from NoE.

So long as you don't go into the game expecting the world, there's a lot of fun to be had in Pandora's Tower.  Just don't expect anything revolutionary.
Wait, I was led to believe this was a Dating Sim with Action and Gathering Components. :P:
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »
Well, great on XSEED for doing what Nintendo wouldn't, but I really hope you all have reasonable expectations for this game.  I have the NoE version, and while it's the best Zelda game released on years, that's really not saying very much given how poor those games have been.  It's very much a fairly mediocre action/adventure game with some interesting combat ideas (which is more than can be said of The Last Story) and an intriguing setup, but it's brought down by severe repetition and TBH not a great translation from NoE.

So long as you don't go into the game expecting the world, there's a lot of fun to be had in Pandora's Tower.  Just don't expect anything revolutionary.
Wait, I was led to believe this was a Dating Sim with Action and Gathering Components. :P: : :

It is, but the dating sim aspect is about as fleshed-out as such features are in a Harvest Moon game.  The Zelda side of the game is much more pronounced, as you well know.  ;)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »
Physical release confirmed by XSEED Marketing on Gaf.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »
"Best Zelda game released in years" doesn't sound that bad to me.  If anything that makes more interested.  It's not like I didn't enjoy TP and SS.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 01:36:47 PM »
Physical release confirmed by XSEED Marketing on Gaf.

And good luck to them in finding a retail store that wants to stock a niche Wii game in 2013.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 01:39:39 PM »
"Best Zelda game released in years" doesn't sound that bad to me.  If anything that makes more interested.  It's not like I didn't enjoy TP and SS.

It's not a bad game, just a very average one. Like I said, set your expectations accordingly. I think we all had ours set way too high for The Last Story, and that turned out to be a major disappointment (at least for me).  I went into the game expecting a fairly mediocre game with interesting concepts, and I've enjoyed the game.  But of the 3 Rainfall games, it's definitely the least-polished and probably wouldn't have been thought particularly notable if Nintendo hadn't decided not to release it outside Japan.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 04:12:11 PM »
Good call. This game needs more attention.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 06:52:59 PM »
Oh gosh, Broodwars, don't try to dissuade people from having fun. Heaven forbid someone actually likes the game as a full package.

That being said, I'm happy that this title will be seeing release over here, as it definitely has potential to become a solid action series for Nintendo, in my opinion. The Last Story was brilliant and Xenoblade was an epic, so if this one is even underwhelming in comparison it will still be a good title. I like the art style and the combat mechanics, so I'm looking forward to it eagerly.

I hope this also gives Nintendo of America the hint- people will buy a Japanese-made console for JAPANESE GAMES, and that the RPG genre is greatly appreciated by Nintendo fans.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 08:35:59 PM »
Would that particular picture have any relevance to those games, Shaymin? I don't know squat about either one.

Kind of irrelevant now, but some people were holding out hope since the tower resembled the ones here. Ys was more of a longshot. (These theories were floated at another prominent messageboard.)

I'm definitely picking this up even if I have to *shudder* preorder at EB. Xenoblade was my GOTY and although I'm not too far into TLS, it certainly got off to an interesting start.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 11:45:21 PM »
Perhaps XSeed can bring over that Zangeki no Rengilev game as well?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 12:28:56 AM »
Oh gosh, Broodwars, don't try to dissuade people from having fun. Heaven forbid someone actually likes the game as a full package.

Dude, if you want to get your hopes up & believe that this game is the end-all, be-all...go ahead and be disappointed when you actually play the game. You see, I have played the game. It's sitting on my shelf right now in all its Limited Edition Steelbook glory.  And all I'm saying is that the game really isn't that spectacular, and to have your expectations in check before you play it.

I'm not saying it's bad game or a game you can't have fun with, but it's certainly a very rough game built on a severe amount of lazy repetition and a less-than-stellar NoE localization.  It certainly doesn't deserve this mythic reputation it's gotten as part of the Operation Rainfall trio.  But if you set your expectations accordingly, it's a game with some interesting ideas and some fun combat mechanics.

So go ahead and get hyped, but don't say you weren't warned.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:32:13 AM by broodwars »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 12:33:07 AM »
Well, you've said similar thing about games I absolutely loved, so I really can't take your assessment of the game seriously.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 12:33:32 AM »
Well, you've said similar thing about games I absolutely loved, so I really can't take your assessment of the game seriously.

Yes, because I actually have taste. I can't help it if so many of you don't.  :P: ;)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »
You must be a blast at parties.