Author Topic: Hello Kitty Comes Exclusively To GameCube  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Hello Kitty Comes Exclusively To GameCube
« on: April 21, 2005, 10:20:07 AM »
Namco brings the child icon to the GameCube in Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue.

NAMCO HOMETEK INC. TO PUBLISH FIRST 3D "HELLO KITTY(R)" VIDEO GAME

"Hello Kitty(R) Roller Rescue" to Roll Exclusively onto Nintendo GameCube(TM) This Summer

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (April 21, 2005) – Leading video games developer and publisher Namco Hometek Inc. announced today the upcoming North American release of "Hello Kitty(R) Roller Rescue" exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube(TM) entertainment system.  Developed by XPEC Entertainment Inc. and published by Namco Hometek Inc., "Hello Kitty Roller Rescue" will enchant and delight fans of the beloved international icon in August 2005.

β€œThe 'Hello Kitty' property is recognized and loved on a global scale,” said Jeff Lujan, Business Unit Director of Namco Hometek Inc. β€œWe are very excited to bring 'Hello Kitty' to life and give fans the chance to interact with her and other Sanrio character favorites in a delightful adventure.”

"Hello Kitty Roller Rescue" is a 3D action-adventure game filled with endless exploration, whimsical worlds and more than 20 lovable Sanrio characters. In a quest to save Sanriotown from the menacing king of Block Planet, Hello Kitty and her friends must complete missions to thwart Block-O and his legions of evil – yet clumsy – troops from taking over their hometown.  Players are immersed in a fully interactive 3D world, complete with beautiful 3D environments, sophisticated AI, zany character interactions and amusing puzzles.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Hello Kitty Comes Exclusively To GameCube
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 10:26:19 AM »
Thanks, Namco, now how about a worthwhile exclusive?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 11:41:50 AM »
Of all the games in the world to have as an exclusive we get THIS?

(Yes that's right.  I waited a whole day to make a one sentence post that pretty much says the exact same thing Bill said.)

Offline dack25

• I NEED TO READ THE AVATAR RULES PROBABLY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 11:50:34 AM »
Great we get this while PS2 gets SC III (but Sony is publishing it from what I've heard) and I sure the Xbox will get something good. No wonder people think the Cube is for kids.  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 12:15:44 PM »
"No wonder people think the Cube is for kids."

It's a merry-go-round of circular logic.

Why are we getting exclusives like Hello Kitty?  Because the Gamecube's for kids.

Why is the Gamecube for kids?  Because it has exclusives like Hello Kitty.

If Nintendo ever wants to kill the stereotype for the Rev (and I said "if" because they might not want to) they have to early on establish the console as something with a broader demographic.  Ideally an exclusive game that is blatantly for adults could do the trick.  And by that I don't mean something that glorifies violence or sex in an immature way.  I mean something that is merely uncompromising in showing things as they are.  Imagine an open game like GTA but instead of focusing on crime it just focuses on life in a city and you can choose to be whoever you want be it law-abiding or not.  For kicks it can take place in a fictional setting (fantasy, sci-fi, etc) to give it a more creative lool.  Violence wouldn't be just killing.  People could get hurt by freak accidents like getting hit by a car or catching a disease or something.  Nudity wouldn't just be T&A.  People could get naked to bathe and not everyone is attractive.  The objective would be "Here's your setting, do whatever you want with your life."

Something like that, that's innovative and mature in a way unlike most 'M' rated games today could change people's view of Nintendo considerably.

Offline gally

• What 'chu talkin' 'bout Internet?
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Hello Kitty Comes Exclusively To GameCube
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 01:03:33 PM »
"fully interactive 3D world"
"sophisticated AI"

Nice use of random buzzwords. How "fully" interactive has ANY game been? And why would I want sophisticated AI? That doesn't automatically make games fun. For example, it would make Serious Sam or Super Mario NOT fun to have the enemies be way too smart.

Press releases are ridiculous.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 02:22:24 PM »
A good M rated game for Nintendo would be Punch Out with an increase on realistic street violence.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 04:04:19 PM »
You know what I feel like playing? Super Real Mahjong. Hey look, they released one on the GBA in Japan, just last year! Oh wait, they butchered it, and it was lucky to get 20/40 from Famitsu. And there's still no chance in hell that we're ever going to see it in America.

I think Nintendo is still more interested in building their "kiddie" reputation than they are in tearing it down.

Accept it. Move on. Remember that one time SRM graced a Sony console, and it got butchered to hell there too. I miss Sega. SRM was free to exist on the Saturn. Until the last installment, which got butchered.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 04:38:24 PM »
I'm waiting for the Hello Kitty shooter. Guide Hello Kitty through 13 levels of Hell as she dispatches her friends in different ways, each more bloody than the last!

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 06:49:29 PM »
lol

I like hello kitty though
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline mkeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 08:45:24 PM »
Now I think from the screenshots that Gamespot posted it looks just like the xbox game that was released in Japan earlier this year, infact I'm fairly certain it is since the xbox game was by Namco.  

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 10:46:35 PM »
This is probably the best news I've heard since Fish Fingers became collectors items and cars got wings back in 2049.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 08:53:27 AM »
If they drop the o from Hello we'd have Hell Kitty, then that would be something to gloat about.  

And this Hello Kitty game if I am not mistaken is the same game as the Xbox and PS2 game that was available in Japan, but only the GCN version will be available here.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 09:01:20 AM »
Now I wish r13 made more than just a flashlight logo of Hello Kitty for Doom 3...

... Just what am I talking about? I am the guy who's supposed to make those PPMs for Doom, not r13! Nah, later...

Gally: Ever tried adding an evil AI to Tetris?