Author Topic: Table Tennis and Golf Confirmed for Wii Sports Resort  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Table Tennis and Golf Confirmed for Wii Sports Resort
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »
I still hope for a disc golf game in Wii Sports Resort.  I think it is the most natural and awesome inclusion you can make in the game. 

If Nintendo doesn't do it...SOME DEVELOPER should.  Wii Ware anyone?

Disc Golf is already included in Tiger Woods 10.

Wait, really???  Seriously?  That is freaking awesome!!!! 

Now, I really don't see how having new versions of our favorite Wii Sports games on Wii Sports resort is a bad thing.  I would be happy if they had 100% remakes of all the games from Wii Sports, as long as we still get new games. 

Wii Sports Resort should have around 10-12 Sports games fleshed out if they are going to sell it at full price.  Now some of those games can be remakes and I am fine with that.

Seeing a better Golf, and Playing a great Table Tennis game just makes me happy.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »
Wii Sports Resort has a decapitation simulator.

That title is already a winner and fun for the whole family.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
Not everyone likes video game golf enough to warrant a purchase of a stand-alone game.
No wonder people say that the "casuals" are ruining gaming.

That's the first time I have ever said something of the such. My stomach hurts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 02:17:53 PM »
I don't understand your argument.  I don't like golf.  I don't like video game golf.  I'm not going to spend $50 for a Tiger Woods game that I wouldn't play.

But I had enough fun with Wii Sport Golf where I would like to see an update with Motion+.  Isn't this a fair request?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 02:23:34 PM »
This is the end of Mario Golf as we know it.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 02:53:40 PM »

sad face :(
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
I don't understand your argument.  I don't like golf.  I don't like video game golf.  I'm not going to spend $50 for a Tiger Woods game that I wouldn't play.

But I had enough fun with Wii Sport Golf where I would like to see an update with Motion+.  Isn't this a fair request?
It isn't an argument, I was being facetious with my comment. Some people say that these "minigame collections" are ruining gaming because soon there will be only simplified sports in compilations like this instead of having full-blown versions of them (though I think there's not much basis for this...). But, yeah, this game doesn't really appeal to me so it doesn't really matter what ends up in it as I doubt I'll be buying it anytime soon.

Though I'm curious of something. If you don't like golf, and you don't like videogame golf, then why do you like Wii Sports golf? That seems a bit strange to me...

sad face :(
Sadly this probably is true, but when it comes to Mario games I never give up hope!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 11:43:28 PM »
Is there a WSR discussion thread? I want to hear some more ideas as to what the other 5 games might be
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »
Though I'm curious of something. If you don't like golf, and you don't like videogame golf, then why do you like Wii Sports golf? That seems a bit strange to me...

I enjoyed it enough to play through the 9 holes (I think it was 9 ... haven't played it in ages) probably a half a dozen times as well as a few hours put into the challenges.  I probably spent upwards of 6 or so hours playing Wii Sports golf before I had my fill.  But even if there had been dozens of full courses I likely wouldn't have spent any more time with it.  It's not that I got my fill of the holes that there available--I just have enough of the sport in general.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!