Author Topic: Violent Videogame Bills Introduced in California  (Read 7275 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Violent Videogame Bills Introduced in California
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2004, 05:19:31 AM »
Errr... I do think games (like anything else in existence) have an influence on children/any living being. However, this influence isn't major. I'd outlaw things like private channel news, yellow press and advertisements first (which I'd really like to do). They actively try to influence people, often in a way those people wouldn't like (spreading fear and terror, making you buy things that have no sense, damaging reputations, changing politics...) and therefore should be outlawed.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Violent Videogame Bills Introduced in California
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2004, 06:47:31 AM »
"Id bet 9/10 of you wouldnt want your own children pouring such things into their imgainations, so why belly ache when some measure is taken to prevent it?"

You're right in that I wouldn't want my children playing such games.  Fortunately they have a ratings system so I can tell what games have suitable content.  For parents that truly care the right system is already in place.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Violent Videogame Bills Introduced in California
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2004, 01:35:23 PM »
well i dont know if they have either of these restrictions on movies, but i know they dont have them for music, and music is way more harmful then either in my opinion. but supposing they dont have these restrictions on r rated movies, (i lived in cali for 5 years and never noticed them) then i dont think they should be applied to video games. i dont understand why they think games are so bad....well some are, but like everyone has said...movies and music probably affect someone more. KDR_11k has got it right advertising should be outlawed. it will never happen because there is too much money in it....and we all know what makes the world go 'round.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Violent Videogame Bills Introduced in California
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2004, 03:12:10 PM »
This law would be useless and is one of the worst idea's I have ever heard. It really gets me mad when law makers and uninformed people blame the games for there influence on kids. Parents should be looking out for there kids.

Even if the kids do manage to buy the game, the parents should see they playing it at home. They arn't going to buy the game and not play it and when they do play it, it will be at home and then parents should be able to see what there children are playing, it's that plan and simple.