Author Topic: Massive Capcom Toy Collection on eBay  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Massive Capcom Toy Collection on eBay
« on: January 08, 2004, 09:46:13 AM »
Are you otaku enough?

Reported by Jonathan Metts

Source: Capcom
Link: Capcom Toy Collection on eBay

One of our contacts at Capcom alerted us to this crazy eBay auction, and we thought our readers would be interested in it.  It's a giant collection of Capcom action figures and toys, apparently quite exhaustive.  The seller is a former Capcom employee who displayed the items in his office for years.  The price tag is daunting, but it shouldn't be surprising to anyone who knows much about collecting these very valuable toys.  If you're one of those people with a basement full of gaming oddities and memorabilia, this auction is probably something you'll want to take seriously.  For the rest of us, it's fun to just look in amazement at how far some fans will go.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Massive Capcom Toy Collection on eBay
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 10:00:35 AM »
my frothing demand for this collection increases.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Massive Capcom Toy Collection on eBay
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 12:48:09 PM »
I darn near messed myself seeing that collection.  That is freaking amazing.  Too bad he doesn't still have it all setup, I live in San Jose and might have wanted to come see it all.  Not that I can afford it, but would still be amazing to look at.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Padsgoo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 07:25:43 PM »
I'd open each and every one of 'em.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 05:28:47 PM »
BTW, nobody bid on this.  I don't think that guy will be able to sell all of those as a set.

silks
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 05:32:14 AM »

Originally posted by: Padsgoo
I'd open each and every one of 'em.

haha....  so would I.  

edit: Why does there always seem to be so much blank space in my posts...I must be enter crazy.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 06:08:10 AM »

edit: Why does there always seem to be so much blank space in my posts...I must be enter crazy.
 it's because you probably press enter a couple times after you do a quote.  it automatically gives you a couple line breaks after the quote, so if you add your own, you can get a good 4 lines between the quote and your body.

just so you know, i didn't put any line breaks between the quote and the body of my paragraph, and look how it shows up.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!