Author Topic: Namco Reveals Pac-Man Karting Game  (Read 3074 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Namco Reveals Pac-Man Karting Game
« on: October 24, 2005, 10:21:15 AM »
Apparently making an arcade version of Mario Kart with Pac-Man characters wasn't enough for Namco.

NAMCO ANNOUNCES "PAC-MAN WORLD RALLY™"    

Kart Racing Game to Feature Blazing Speed, Roster of More Than 15 Beloved Namco Characters

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (October 24, 2005) – Leading video games developer and publisher Namco Hometek Inc. today announced "Pac-Man World Rally™," an original kart racing game for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system and PC. Featuring a lineup of characters, courses, and power-ups from classic Namco games and sophisticated power sliding mechanics, players race for the finish line at breakneck speed in the fastest kart racing game ever. Developed by Smart Bomb Interactive, "Pac-Man World Rally" will be released in the summer of 2006.    

"Pac-Man World Rally" puts players behind the wheel as Pac-Man® or one of 14 other classic characters from the worlds of "Pac-Man" and other popular Namco franchises, racing for the checkered flag while using unique power-ups and items to prevent their opponents from claiming victory. Across the game’s many colorful and iconic levels, players will utilize a unique power sliding mechanic that allows them to skid around tight corners without losing speed, while charging up Boost Bottles they can use at will to leave their opponents in their dust. And because it’s Pac-Man, players can expect to see him do what he does best: gobble up his adversaries along with all the Pac-Dots in sight.  Players will be able to collect Power Pellets during a race to unleash a special ability that will allow them to take a bite out of their opponents and turn the tables on even the most lopsided races.    

“'Pac-Man World Rally' delivers the most complete kart racing experience yet with incredible speed across outrageous and vibrant courses from well known Namco games,” said Jeff Lujan, business director at Namco Hometek Inc. “The refined power sliding mechanics allows for tremendous handling in any situation, while a roster of more than 15 classic characters ensures that every race is memorable for players of all ages.”    

Players will be able to enjoy "Pac-Man World Rally" with their friends in the game’s different multiplayer modes. Racers can test their driving skills with a friend in time trial and grand prix competitions, or go head to head in the game’s Battle Arena mode, using custom weapons and vehicle combat tactics to defeat their adversaries.    

For more information of "Pac-Man World Rally," please visit www.namco.com.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Namco Reveals Pac-Man Karting Game
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:51:59 AM »
It's funny how they think Pac-Man stayed popular after the 2D age.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 05:14:21 PM »
I hope it has one of the cooler Soul Calibur characters in it. Hey, Astaroth made it into Pac-Man Fever and I still submit that that game is pretty good

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 05:03:05 AM »
Both of their DS games so far have been good, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
RE: Namco Reveals Pac-Man Karting Game
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 06:01:40 AM »
Ten bucks says it uses the Mario Kart GT engine.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 08:21:28 AM »

for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system and PC
At least Namco was smart enough not to release this game on DS.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 08:31:54 AM »
I hope I get to race as the Pole Position car IN the Pole Position car.

That would blow my mind.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »
I know how they could get sales+1: Have Collette as a racer. Bill would buy it immediately.