Author Topic: Iwata Returning to Work After Recovering From Surgery  (Read 1742 times)

Offline alexosborn

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Iwata Returning to Work After Recovering From Surgery
« on: October 29, 2014, 02:59:22 AM »

Nintendo's CEO is ready to hop in the saddle and get back to business!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38864/iwata-returning-to-work-after-recovering-from-surgery

Nintendo President and CEO Satoru Iwata has announced he is returning to work after recovering from surgery.

Iwata stepped away from his duties back in June to have a tumor removed from his bile duct. According to the exec, he has lost weight but is feeling healthier.

The Nintendo boss has been under a lot of pressure this year, as Wii U sales have failed to meet investors' expectations. With the upcoming launch of Amiibo, the company's NFC-based figurine platform, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, here's to hoping a refreshed and renewed Iwata is up to the task of getting the Big N back on its way to success.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Iwata Returning to Work After Recovering From Surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:42:07 AM »
Can Nintendo just rent out a room at that hospital and keep him there, because it seems Nintendo runs better without Iwata directly involved in the day-to-day operations.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
I honestly thought he was back for a while.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:57:09 PM »
He was at least back at the end of August, though it is good to have official confirmation.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.