Author Topic: Zero Suit Samus, Sheik Return for New Super Smash Bros., Fighters No Longer Change Forms  (Read 6325 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile

Now independent characters, these veterans come with a few new moves.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37096/zero-suit-samus-sheik-return-for-new-super-smash-bros-fighters-no-longer-change-forms

Zero Suit Samus and Sheik will feature as playable characters in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, this time as completely independent fighters.

During today's Nintendo Direct, game director Masahiro Sakurai confirmed that these fighters will no longer change form from Samus and Zelda, respectively -- a change from past games in the series.

Having previously appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii, Zero Suit Samus is now entirely separate, as opposed to only being accessible upon completion of Samus' Final Smash attack as in the prior entry in the series.

Her offensive move-set still revolves around her emergency pistol/energy whip, but she now sports jet-powered boots that provide improved mobility and recovery.

Shiek, who made her series debut in Super Smash Bros. Melee on GameCube, has new attacks, such as a close-range explosive known as Burst Grenade, which replaces her old Chain side-special move, and an acrobatic kick technique named the Bouncing Fish.

Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Zero Suit Samus sucked in Brawl though, why make her a separate character? Whenever I was her, I tried to get the Smash Ball again so I could get back to regular Samus.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Zero Suit Samus is in as a request for more Hawtness by stevey.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
OK, fine, sex appeal Samus is a stand alone fighter.

But them boots... Can't she retain a little dignity?
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Ray? Disaster? ANYTHING?

The Disaster universe is perfect for Smash. EMBRACE IT!!!!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I wonder if they axed changing characters to prevent online lag. The only changing character I used was Zelda. In Melee, I mostly used Sheik. In Brawl, I mostly used Zelda. I only changed when I was getting my ass kicked and I needed a new strategy.
Zero Suit Samus sucked in Brawl though, why make her a separate character?
To make her better? Zero Suit Samus felt like an afterthought in Brawl especially since you had to go out of the way to play as her. It looks like Sakurai is making a point to make her not terrible.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
OK, fine, sex appeal Samus is a stand alone fighter.

But them boots... Can't she retain a little dignity?

Namco might not be Tecmo-bad, but they're still not above cranking the sex appeal (see: Ivy, Soul Calibur series)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
The boots are horrible. They should have just put Bayonetta.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
At 6'3" I think Heels is the last thing that Samus really needs.  She towers over all the Males in the Nintendo Universe.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I don't think the heels are so bad.  Her boobs look kinda weird in some of the screens though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.