Author Topic: Episode 632: Your Childhood Is Gone  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Episode 632: Your Childhood Is Gone
« on: July 21, 2019, 12:33:00 PM »

An alarming number of episodes of RFN are about getting old.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/51175/episode-632-your-childhood-is-gone

We're just here getting older. As a consequence, Jon the infinitely aged could not join us.

Guillaume starts the show by figuring out if he's going to sue Nintendo over the JoyCon drift he's been using to handicap Karen. He also took another crack at the very first Final Fantasy, and now we are all way more invested in his personal narrative where the characters just "grew up" mid-game. Greg is playing the spiritual successor to Contra, Blazing Chrome. Historically, this is where we would make the joke about "if Konami wont make it..." but they did in fact announce a new Contra game just last month. Speaking of spiritual successors, Greg and James have both played the summertime DLC for The Messenger. It's more of the Ninja Gaiden-like gameplay, rather than the Metroidvania-like gameplay. It also has a few spots that seem a bit sadistic. Lastly, James has impressions of a Cold War parody point-and-click Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love. He already reviewed it, so give it a read (please?).

After the break we attempt to knock-out a little Listener Mail. This week we: shill for the PC Engine 20 years too late, seize the means of production, and include a perfunctory "Legs" joke. You can ask us to canonize your fanfic of Spike making Grubhub deliveries as a "private contractor" by sending us an email.

Also, Grubhub, we will take cash for referral links. This podcast is also part of the gig economy.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline wcmullins

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 632: Your Childhood Is Gone
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 11:49:56 PM »
I was mainly making a joke that I was the typical "average" user during the Wii's life cycle that actually used the virtual console. I bought and played Super mario bros 1, lost levels, SMB 3, Super mario world, Super metroid, Link to the past, OoT, Majora's mask, DKC country, etc. There were more people like me at the time which is what lead to the drip feed. I completely ignored third party nintendo system games, genesis, and turbographx section at the time which had some really good stuff. I did buy a bunch of games before the shop closed including Rondo, Rebirth trilogy, and fringe Wiiware games. I still ignored the Genesis though.

I've been working my way through the Castlevania and Megaman games. The PS1 is also a blind spot as I only had an N64 at the time.

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 632: Your Childhood Is Gone
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »
i'm late here but after two episodes of joy con drift talk and home solutions am the only one that was thinking of the obvious here?

1 (800) 255-3700 - Give em hell.

Before Nintendo said they would fix it no problem i had the drift issue twice and i called them and gave them hell and back and MADE them fix my joycons both times for free.

It's annoying and stupid and Nintendo is 100% at fault but why even bother with the headaches and home solutions.

Just call Nintendo. Unless canada Nintendo is different. Not sure.