Author Topic: WiiUIVLife Account  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
WiiUIVLife Account
« on: August 01, 2024, 06:22:47 PM »
Hey all,

Perhaps you've noticed a bunch of recent posts from a poster with the username WiiUIVLife. I've always like that username and am glad we have someone willing to defend the Wii U for... well, life. However, there's no doubt that something has happened to the account. The last seemingly legit post made by the user seems to be in March 2019. Then it sprang back to life October last year with 5 posts including one that was a blatant spam message for a company. Then April 5 was another spam message and lately in the past couple weeks there have been more messages that clearly seem to be AI written.

I don't know if the actual user is aware of this happening. Did they let some other person or group take over their account to post this spam or if they were hacked and unaware? I don't want to ban the account in case the real person might still like to have it. Likewise, I don't know if the e-mail for the account would go to the actual user of if the AI spambot changed that to its own listing. The FaceBook account linked to the profile seems suspicious also so it may have added that in or maybe it is legit and I'm too suspicious.

In any case, charging head first to tackle the problem (and not consult any of the other mods to show I roll 20 for initiative), I've gone ahead and removed all posts during the time that the account has posted spam and AI like messages going back to the last seemingly legit post in 2019. I've also gone and changed the user's password to one of my own for which I now hold the key . Muh-ha-ha-ha! If the e-mail for the account is legitimate and the user can't log in than they should be able to get a new password made and sent to that e-mail. If it isn't legit than I guess we'll know by the account still be accessed and making more spam posts. If for some reason I'm wrong about the legit user being able to make a new password for the account then they'll have to try and contact me or another mod here or on Discord and we'll have to do a bit more work to get the account fixed and properly handed back to its rightful owner.

That is all,
-Khushrenada
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: WiiUIVLife Account
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2024, 07:12:07 PM »
I've been wondering about that account for awhile.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2024, 08:08:22 PM »
Hmmm. The mystery deepens. New user sobhsepid has the same IP as WiiUIVLife. However, sobhsepid's posts read and look legit. Take the post made in "Switch is so popular" in which the user brings up an anecdote about GTA that isn't anywhere in the previous above posts. So, is that the former user just starting a new account because they can't use the old one or is it a real user working with their sock puppet WiiU account? So far, none of sobhsepid's posts have made any link so I'd view it as a legit if not for that IP connection.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2024, 01:32:50 PM »
Doesn't have to be based off a previous post here. The AIs powering all this stuff has whole libraries of information and user comments that it could still be a bot. I work with AIs often now and sometimes I forget I'm chatting with a bot in the middle of working on solutions.

I ran their comments through some AI detection tools and they think it is 100% human generated, but those tools can be wildly inaccurate.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 01:35:47 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2024, 12:00:16 AM »
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 01:35:47 PM by Stratos »

Did the AI force him to change something he said?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.