Author Topic: Episode 884: Kirby In the Meat Dimension  (Read 934 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 884: Kirby In the Meat Dimension
« on: July 21, 2024, 07:04:49 PM »

It feels like... meat

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/67899/episode-884-kirby-in-the-meat-dimension

This week we have a New Business starter. Gui gives an update on PowerSlave Exhumed (00:01:26) before talking about mystery game The Case of the Golden Idol (00:07:21) - just note that it's got major issues on Switch. Greg gives a quick update on (00:29:05) Mameda no Bakeru before moving on to talk about Starfy on the NSO Expansion pack and Theathrythm Final Bar Line expansions.

After a break we take our turn at being BUSINESS BUSINESS with our own (00:48:31) Nintendo Investors' Q&A.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Nbz

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 884: Kirby In the Meat Dimension
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2024, 12:32:43 PM »
I've been listening to the show for 14 years at this point so it is very cool that 2 games I've worked on have both been discussed on RFN this year! (Balatro is the other one)

Glad Gui has been enjoying Golden Idol - the save bug is a real black mark on that Switch version. We have tried fixing it so many times - even hiring other people to come in and take a look but nobody was able to - this process is exacerbated by Nintendo's patching process which means you have to wait multiple weeks just to test to see if it is fixed or not.

That said we have a longer term solution to the issue which should hopefully be coming soon - has just take a long time to figure out.

So yeah, I'd advise against the Switch version for the moment until the issue is resolved.

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 884: Kirby In the Meat Dimension
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 11:32:07 AM »
I'll keep an eye out for the update and call it out if it fixes the Switch version. It's such a good game!