Author Topic: Using your own music from an SD card for stage builder?  (Read 9004 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Using your own music from an SD card for stage builder?
« on: February 22, 2008, 03:57:25 AM »
I've seen a few sites say you can use your own music for custom stages, but I can't seem to find the option. Is it a big fib like I think it is?

Still though this would be like the best rickroll opportunity ever

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Using your own music from an SD card for stage builder?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 04:05:35 AM »
Its BS. I've read some impressions about the stage builder and they never mention about using custom music.

Sakurai and his composers worked HARD on the game's 300+ songs...THEY WANT YOU TO USE THEM DAMMIT!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 04:12:19 AM »
I'm just so sick and tired of his BS. He RUINED the smash Bros. series.
He thinks he's hilarious while he is NOWHERE near it, and his attitude towards actually making a GOOD game doesn't seem to exist.

"WE DON'T NEED DLC OR VOICE CHAT LOL SWOOSH SWOOSH SWOOOSH I'M SNAKE FLYING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

he has NOT catered to what the fans want, and has only made this game based off of his selfish wants. they should just rename this game "Super Sakurai Bros: death of a franchise".

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 04:26:34 AM »
He thinks he's hilarious while he is NOWHERE near it, and his attitude towards actually making a GOOD game doesn't seem to exist.

"WE DON'T NEED DLC OR VOICE CHAT LOL SWOOSH SWOOSH SWOOOSH I'M SNAKE FLYING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

he has NOT catered to what the fans want, and has only made this game based off of his selfish wants. they should just rename this game "Super Sakurai Bros: death of a franchise".

First of all, I was being sarcastic about the song thing. But I assume that if Sakurai was asked why there wasn't a custom music option in Brawl he would've said something like that.

Second, I'm more annoyed at the selection of characters than the lack of voice chat or DLC. Even if Sakurai and Nintendo wanted DLC to be Brawl's biggest feature it still wouldn't be possible due to many technical issues, the lack of hard drive being one of them. And voice chat is more annoying than its worth. Seriously, I don't want to hear even friends curse like a drunk sailor because they suck at the game.

The characters, on the other hand, annoy me because he went through all the trouble of collecting suggestions and making detailed lists only to ignore it and do whatever he wants.

But outside that, I wouldn't say he "ruined" Brawl as it looks to be even better than Melee gameplay wise. Plus, I am thankful that Sonic and online made it in since those two were candidates of being ignored by Sakurai and label it as being "impossible".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:36:00 AM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 04:37:40 AM »

First of all, I was being sarcastic about the song thing. But I assume that if Sakurai was asked why there wasn't a custom music option in Brawl he would've said something like that.

Second, I'm more annoyed at the selection of characters than the lack of voice chat or DLC. Even if Sakurai and Nintendo wanted DLC to be Brawl's biggest feature it still wouldn't be possible due to many technical issues, the lack of hard drive being one of them. And voice chat is more annoying than its worth. Seriously, I don't want to hear even friends curse like a drunk sailor because they suck at the game.

The characters, on the other hand, annoy me because he went through all the trouble of collecting suggestions and making detailed lists only to ignore it and do whatever he wants.

But outside that, I wouldn't say he "ruined" Brawl as it looks to be even better than Melee gameplay wise. Plus, I am thankful that Sonic and online made it in since those two were candidates of being ignored by Sakurai and label it as being "impossible".

hahahahah now do you guys see why fakeposts are so funny

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 04:47:36 AM »

hahahahah now do you guys see why fakeposts are so funny

In all honesty, I was surprised to see you rag on Sakurai and Brawl, considering that at one point you said that it wasn't going to leave your Wii.

But this IS the type of stuff going around the net (I'm looking at you, Smash Boards).
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 04:51:23 AM »
I copypasted it from gamespot forums. I found it while looking for an answer to my own thread

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 04:55:27 AM »
I copypasted it from gamespot forums. I found it while looking for an answer to my own thread

Not surprised at all...

What I said still stands, though. I was getting annoyed seeing people post threads like "OMG DLC IS CONFIRMED!!!" "The roster will get better!" etc.

If you are going to get annoyed at Sakurai, complain about the characters first since he DID ask for suggestions and the votes were tallied. But everything else, it was never guaranteed in the first place.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 04:58:13 AM »
sakurai made the entire game himself and i can't stop talking about him because i'm pap64

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 05:01:00 AM »
Sakurai also never made any promises on what characters would be in the game either Pap.  Not to mention several of the top requested characters did appear.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 06:10:24 AM »
And voice chat is more annoying than its worth. Seriously, I don't want to hear even friends curse like a drunk sailor because they suck at the game
Do you tape your friends' mouths shut when they come over to play Smash Bros?
GOREGASM!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 06:16:02 AM »
pap64 wrote:
And voice chat is more annoying than its worth. Seriously, I don't want to hear even friends curse like a drunk sailor because they suck at the game.
What? Get new friends. If they suck that much on voice chat, they must suck even harder in person. Do you ever plan on having a non-Wifi multiplayer match? pap64=king of fail

And isn't it possible that the character poll everyone put so much stock in was just something fun for fans to indulge in? Sure some characters made it in, but that's just bound to happen. If you vote for such and such popular character, there's a good chance they might make it but not because you voted, but because they were popular to begin with. Fans don't make the games. Developers don't necessarily listen to what fans want, they listen more to what they dislike. Case in point:

Melee was unbalanced which sucked ---> Brawl is a more balanced game

"I want Geno to be playable" ---> "F you"

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 06:31:04 AM »
Why use your own music for the stage builder when the DK Rap has returned? DK Rap is all you need for any custom level.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 06:35:01 AM »
Oh dear....

DK Rap = biggest abomination Rare ever created...

And that's including Grabbed by the Ghoulies and the watered down remake of Conker

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 06:45:20 AM »
You're kidding, right?

C'MON CRANKY, TAKE IT THE FRIDGE!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 06:49:22 AM »
*Sigh...

This is EXACTLY the reason why I avoided discussing the game or the characters for a long time...

First of all, I admit I was disappointed by the final roster but once I learned that all characters got an overhaul, clones included, I got over it and now I want to re-discover some old time friends as well as the new characters. Since the game is far more polished than Melee I am willing to ignore the roster. The one thing I was disappointed with is that no newer franchises were represented in the game. True we got Pikmin and Olimar, but I wanted to see some newer characters, as well as some obscure ones. Other than that, I am fine with the roster as it is.

Second, you guys have to admit that voice chat can be a double edged sword. On one hand, it DOES add to the fun of the game since it makes the game more social. On the other, you are bound to find a prick or some brat who does nothing but ruin the fun for everyone. I agree that voice chat with friends only would've solved this but I'm just glad Brawl is quiet for now.

As for when I play with friends while we do laugh and make comments about the gameplay we don't drop F-bombs when we lose or run around like spastic maniacs because we won a round.

I won't deny the fun of Smash is in the social interaction between friends, but even then there are limits.

Finally, the reason I should mention that you should get mad at Sakurai over the characters rather than voice chat and DLC is because that's something that was researched and had user input. At the very least voice chat was asked for more than once, but Nintendo is VERY strict when it comes to online safety, so I knew that this wouldn't be in. As for DLC, no one even thought about it until they discovered data for the forbidden seven (Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik and Plusle and Minuen). It was then that they thought they could be unlocked through DLC and ran away with it. Before that, though, I don't recall people saying that DLC for Brawl was a possibility.

Flame me if you must, but this is what I think.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 07:01:14 AM »
So basically voice chat would be cool if it were only with friends, but for no reason you're glad it isn't in at all?

At the very least voice chat was asked for more than once, but Nintendo is VERY strict when it comes to online safety, so I knew that this wouldn't be in.
Metroid Prime: Hunters has it.  I don't think Nintendo's principles are what prevented it from being in Brawl.
GOREGASM!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 07:05:06 AM »
I agree. Voice chat with friends of mine (local or online) would have been awesome since they're my friends and I know they aren't pricks otherwise.... I wouldn't be friends with them.
At the very least voice chat was asked for more than once, but Nintendo is VERY strict when it comes to online safety, so I knew that this wouldn't be in.
I don't think that's true. Metroid Prime Hunters had voice chat with friends. No matter what Nintendo says about Brawl in regards to voice chat, I just chalk it up to voice chat not being ready yet for the Wii in time to add it to the game.

EDIT: I am a slow replier. This is the second time in this thread Smoke39 has said almost exactly what I was about to say.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:07:50 AM by Adrock »

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 07:27:35 AM »
So basically voice chat would be cool if it were only with friends, but for no reason you're glad it isn't in at all?

Metroid Prime: Hunters has it.  I don't think Nintendo's principles are what prevented it from being in Brawl.

Long story short, I'm not crying buckets nor wishing death onto Sakurai and his team because voice chat isn't in Brawl.

As for Metroid Prime Hunters and Pokemon DP, true, those games did have voice chat. But Nintendo seems to be one of those companies which sometimes keep their word while other times ignores them completely.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 09:21:50 PM »
Oh dear....

And that's including Grabbed by the Ghoulies and the watered down remake of Conker

WRONG.

DK Rap = the greatest creation known to man...

The only thing that even comes close to it's awesomeness are the Sonic songs in Brawl.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 09:28:06 PM »
Oh dear....

WRONG.

DK Rap = the greatest creation known to man...

The only thing that even comes close to it's awesomeness are the Sonic songs in Brawl.

Completely agree. I like the DK Rap, it is quite funny. The only thing I didn't like was that the Melee version of the song switched it from "Hell" to "Heck". Super Lamerz
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
What the ****ing hell is going on in here?  Everyone is GROUNDED until noted otherwise! >=|
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 10:40:01 PM »
You're not the boss o'me. ):<
GOREGASM!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 10:55:31 PM »
Oh, okay...

~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 11:14:26 PM »
I thought you were a pacifist. D;
GOREGASM!