Author Topic: Carmi, Illinois - Smash Bros. Launch Event - March 8th - Wal*Mart - FREE HAT!  (Read 6075 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Hey Hey Hey!

For anyone who's in the Carmi, Illinois area (or will be March 8th/9th - this includes everyone planning to come to my FaceBall event!), I'm hosting a small Smash Bros. launch event at my Wal*Mart.

Here's the basic details - registration for the tournament will take place between 4PM and 8PM.  There will be 32 slots that will be awarded by random drawing. 16 players will get to play the original Smash Bros. and 16 players will get to play Melee.

We'll have some prizes. Right now, we don't have any exciting prizes lined up, but we're working to get something nicer.

We're supposed to get plenty of copies of the game. I'm going to fight to get us to comp with whomever has it on sale the cheapest, but I can't promise anything. Plenty of Wii Controllers, Nunchuks and Classic Controllers on hand.

It'll be loads of fun. Bring your DS as well, if you're coming.

Any questions, ask! :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 07:35:08 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
I will be there with Pikachu, ready to lay down the smack (or be handed the smack) – either way should be fun.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
(new pic)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:53:04 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Well, I don't know if anyone from CAG is coming, but I know there's a couple of others coming...

Just to recap, you'll need to come by the Carmi Wal*Mart between 4PM and 8PM to register for a chance to get in the tournament.  As I posted before, we'll have plenty of copies of the game on-hand.

I'm still working on some cool prizes, but one lucky winner will get half of the displayer featured in the article above.  The displayer features the character artwork for Mario and Pit on one side and Samus and Link on the other, while featuring a huge copy of the game's cover on the larger end.  I claimed the other half and I'm going to cut the character artwork out and have it framed for my game room. :)

I'm hoping to make the event fun for all, so please do consider coming by. :)

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Do you still need that Dvd?  I have it all ready for you by now but it is REALLY filled with spoilers from the game.  Do you want me keeping it Dojo friendly with no secret characters?  Should I just bring it to the faceball event?  Do you still need it at all?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'll take it... Just bring it to the event and we'll play it during the event with a warning that it contains spoilers... :)

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
    • View Profile
Whooo!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 04:07:18 PM »
To anyone on the edge about coming - The winner of the tournament will receive a FREE copy of the new game!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Free Hats!

We got a limited supply of Wii Beanie hats from Nintendo to give away for the Smash Bros. event.  They'll be given away with a purchase of the game, while supplies last!  Whoo!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Free Hat McCullough!
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
W00t!  I can't win an LCD TV but I'm getting a free hat... now if could only find my Wii iron on from launch.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah, sorry about that... no LCD TVs to give away. ;)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Yeah, sorry about that... no LCD TVs to give away. ;)
The Man just keeping me down... Thats ok with the hat we'll look like a Reggie Militia.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Oh, I should mention the HATS are while supplies last.

But we did get 60 of them. :)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Oh, I should mention the HATS are while supplies last.

But we did get 60 of them. :)
So your say'n I can't get one... Your such a tease... :P

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Just an update.  We won.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Yeah, darkheart and his roomie rocked the house btw. We had a 50% chance of winning in the final, and our group took #1 and #2. Go team!

Oh, and we all got hats, so yay to that too :)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
Yeah, darkheart and his roomie rocked the house btw. We had a 50% chance of winning in the final, and our group took #1 and #2. Go team!

Oh, and we all got hats, so yay to that too :)

and wristbands and head bands and cup holders and coin holders and cake too~!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
UncleBob needs to post those pics of Cake.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile