Author Topic: Iwata: We are sorry about [the E3] media briefings  (Read 23277 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Iwata: We are sorry about [the E3] media briefings
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2008, 04:16:49 PM »
Haha

Banjo-Kazooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark
Blast Corps
Jet Force Gemini

You do realize those were made Rare right? Not Nintendo?

How about Elebits, Dewey Adventure, MySims, Deadly Creatures, Red Steel and ON AND ON if we are talking about non-Nintendo new IPs.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2008, 04:26:48 PM »
mmmm mention of jfg. YUM yUM
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »
You do realize those were made Rare right? Not Nintendo?

Yeah I said that.  Rare was a second party at the time.  Their games were published and distributed by Nintendo.  Nintendo was paying for the development of these games.  How is that any different than Intelligent Systems or Retro releasing a game other than maybe some legal technicalities?  Nintendo had to green light the creation of those original IPs.  On the Gamecube things started to switch and suddenly Rare's original IP, Dinosaur Planet, was turned into a Star Fox game.  Silicon Knights started work on Eternal Darkness, a new IP, on the N64 but after releasing it on the Cube were next assigned to do a remake of someone else's game instead of, you know, something that would actually make use of their talents.  That's an interesting change in attitude as we switch to the Cube.  Both companies have since moved to Microsoft where they haven't been assigned someone else's IP like they're Tose or something.

So how exactly are they compromising the quality of their games on the Wii, when they've done nothing but release some of their best games on the Wii?

Because they're all f*cking sequels, that's why.  Good games, yes, but a compromise to the creativity that made Nintendo great.  Plus now they pass off junk like Wii Play and expect it to sell, which it does.  Nintendo never used to make lazy crap games.  That's part of their business model now and thus is a compromise to their previous standards.  Sequels for core gamers; con artist junk for non-gamers that don't know better.  That sounds like a compromise to Nintendo's game quality to me, even if those sequels still turn out decent.

Offline redgiemental

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2008, 07:17:33 PM »
I agree with Ian at the minute it doesn't seem like Nintendo want to make anything new that isn't dumbed down.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008, 07:28:16 PM »
Let's cancel Pikmin 3 and work on something new.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline redgiemental

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2008, 08:28:08 AM »
Why don't hire some more goddamn staff and increase their output. If they are gonna have different audiences to cater to. I think they can afford it!!