Author Topic: Nintendo Launches Polarium Site  (Read 4720 times)

Offline D-Mac Double

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo Launches Polarium Site
« on: April 10, 2005, 03:11:19 PM »
Link: http://polarium.nintendods.com/

There's a few videos and a 4-level demo included on the site.
They have videos for Nintendogs, Pac Pix, and Retro Atari there as well...  

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Launches Polarium Site
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 05:09:06 PM »
Holy crap, it's like that tile puzzle in Link's Awakening! Sweet!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 05:28:34 PM »
It's fun, can't wait to pick up my copy!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 10:22:49 AM »
Well I just played the demo and I thought it was pretty fun.  I didn't know you could click on the grey area so I got stuck on the first puzzle for a bit.

This looks like it would be a lot of fun and I'll give Nintendo credit.  This is an innovative title that couldn't be done with a standard controller (though it could be played on a PC obviously) that is fun and doesn't seem gimmicky.  I especially like how they didn't make this Mario's Tile Flip and shoehorned a franchise in.  I'm not going to buy a DS just for this game but it's a game I will probably buy if/when I do get a DS.  And it's a title I would pay full price for.

This really needs a good TV ad because I could not tell at all what the game plays like from screenshots or descriptions.  You need to see this in motion.  No one is going to be sold by looking at the box in the store.

Offline altf4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 06:25:36 PM »
THat game looks and tests to be quite fun, and nintendogs looks like a game to give you an excuse to play DS which Is what i want really bad.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 04:51:22 AM »
Polarium's cool. Though I hated it when I first got it, because holycrapbuckets the graphics and sound are the most depressing a video game has ever seen. And it was weird, because I knew the graphics were going to be basic. But still.

Anyway, Challenge Mode is very, very addictive. Tetris-like addictive. Blocks fall (wow!), and you have to be super quick to clear lines before the blocks pile too high. Faster and faster, tra la la. Game Over. There's 100 puzzles thrown in there, too. They look like things, it's outstanding in a cheap thrill kinda way. The puzzle I'm on at the moment looks like an umbrella. I was all WOW, AN UMBRELLA.  

Offline Miyamoto Osaki

• View Profile
RE:Nintendo Launches Polarium Site
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 01:06:43 PM »
Its ok I guess
gimme $5 and a can of mount dew, ill get the job done, give chuck norris a gud reason and he does it for free... including a round house kick!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 08:55:55 AM »
It looks fun, but they really should have put some harder puzzles on there.  Since the demo ones are so easy, it makes the game seem a lot simpler than I imagine it really is.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline cronotrigger913

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 09:08:23 AM »
Wait, is Polarium out now in America? I know it comes out in April, but is it officially out? I've been waiting for a more than decent puzzle game for the DS, and if this is out, I might just go out and get it.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing...

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 09:59:05 AM »
April 18th.

Yeah, they should have a couple from the 20-30 range. I don't know how this game can sell. I don't think any kind of advertising will convey just how the game plays, or how fun it is. This could only reach people by word of mouth. Downloadable demos in stores wouldn't hurt.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 12:34:58 PM »
.. assuming NOA will get their acts together and get more downloadable content at retailer kiosks
I'll shut up now...

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 04:34:01 AM »
they should have some from the 80-90 range.  *insert profanity here*  I implore all of you to pick this game up on the spot.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 08:41:47 AM »
I played the demo and have been looking foreward to this game.  Just feels so addictive.  I love games like this that I can enjoy between my classes and on my breaks.

Offline MrMojoRising

• View Profile
RE:Nintendo Launches Polarium Site
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 09:05:18 AM »
It was my birthday yesterday and I asked my mom if she would buy me it when it comes out, and she said yes! Yay!
I'm really freaking excited...and yes it's fine for a 19 year old to ask for birthday presents and scream yay...

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 11:15:44 AM »
Anyone have the game? Is it worth getting a DS for? I've been looking for an excuse to get one for a while.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »
It's meh.  I wouldn't buy a DS just for this game, I'd buy it for this game and Touch and Go and Wario Ware and Mario 64 and Band Brothers.

I put up a kind of review type thing in my gurnal.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa