Author Topic: Comfortable Stylus  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Comfortable Stylus
« on: March 22, 2006, 10:13:38 AM »
Ok.

So after playing Trauma Center, I found myself wrapping a tissue around the stylus to give it some added thickness (no joke).  To me the stylus is too skinny and after even a short period causes my hand to cramp badly.  Hunters isn't as bad, but I'd really like to get a good stylus.  Obviously it doesn't have to fit into the NDS.

Any recommendations out there of a good stylus that's comfortable and will not scratch up the screen (aka of good quality).

I may also try and convert a NDS stylus, by making a more permanent shell that encompasses the official NDS stylus - thus retaining the official tip of the NDS stylus.

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Comfortable Stylus
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 10:28:20 AM »
The stylus that comes with the Sharp Zaurus has a nice weight and thickness to it...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 10:30:38 AM »
I had the same problem about six months ago (back when I was completely consumed by Meteos).  I went to Office Depot and picked up a four-pack of metal-styli (is that plural for stylus?) for around six bucks.  It was a great investment.  My Meteos score increased almost instantly.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 01:52:39 PM »
I've got an Impact Stylus Shell. It's a little bigger than an average pen. Very good stuff.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 04:36:09 PM »
ViewtifulGamer: You have a link to that?

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »
It's actually the hand which holds the DS which gives me the most problems, and my eyes burning from lack of blinking, but a thicker stylus would be welcome.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline 1day

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:13:18 PM »
futurewise, the DS Lite stylus should get the job done quite nicely.

Offline tssf

• View Profile
RE:Comfortable Stylus
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »
You could always check eBay. You might even find the rare Nintendo DS stylus light that Nintendo was giving out when the Nintendo DS was first released.
Mathew Valente [TSSF]

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 08:48:57 PM »
I use a Targus Stylus and it works great. Longer, thicker, and a slightly finer point (but not fine enough to do any damage to the screen)

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=targus+stylus+slimline&btnG=Search

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 10:15:15 AM »

Originally posted by: Shecky
ViewtifulGamer: You have a link to that?

Our Man in Japan got it for me, so I wouldn't know where to link you to. The packaging is all in Japanese and I don't see an apparent web address anywhere. Considering there are Nintendo logos all around it, though, you might have some luck at NCL's website. If anything, try Lik-Sang.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
Is this it?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 10:34:45 AM »
Nope. That's an actual stylus. What I've got is a shell that you stick your regular stylus into. The shell's dense and large so that you can enjoy the added weight, but you need a standard stylus to put in there.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »
Is it this (minus the Nintendogs logo)?

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 10:43:08 AM »
Yes sir, that's it (or at least close enough where it wouldn't make a difference). Wow, good job on finding that.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 10:46:48 AM »
eBay UK FTW!

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 05:31:23 PM »
Thanks for digging those up.  I may still get that for a one piece solution.

In the mean time the (cheap?) engineer within me constructed this marvel....

My custom made stylus

My Metroid skills will double, just you watch!

Edit: Made image a link instead of inlined  

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 05:52:38 AM »
I actually have a stylus from a palm pilot, an ancient one, and use it on the DS. Since I play at home most of the time, my stylus is kept safe from harm.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!